Thursday 27 September 2012

Impermanence

Hello, I wanted to blog yesterday but oh gosh I just fell asleep from like 10 to 4, then I woke up to switch on the alarm, and then went back to sleep till 8! Haha. Wow that means 10 hours of sleep haha. And well somehow my heater wasn't turned on in the morning so I had to bathe in cold water, in a cold morning. Damn that was really cold haha. But refreshingly awakened me.

Anyway yeah yesterday wasn't a really good day I suppose. Somehow after work I just couldn't wait to end it and get out to go for practice. I guess that's why I just fell asleep at night to perhaps wish to forget whatever happened today. But whatever it is, this week's words of motivation for me is contemplation of impermanence. Anicca, as I learned today.

To put it simply, I'm just worried. And well, I'm just a human.

Today we played Jericho in band and I really love that song. I've been waiting for 5 years to play this great song from one of my favourite composers. I first heard it when Commonwealth Band played it for SYF in 2007 and they were so good. I searched the song and found it. Since then I was only able to listen to it on my iPod and fantasise to play it haha.

Somehow I feel at times, band is the thing that keeps me sane these days haha. I feel sad at times when I'm reminded with the fact that MD XVI will be my last concert as a student in SP. And probably, my last band concert as a student. I still do hope that I can go back though one day in the future to play as an alumni or something like that hehe.

Sigh well things will come to an end of course, we all know that. Nothing lasts forever. Just feels sad cause band has been a part of my life for the past 6 years or so. To know a part of your life will be gone feels surreally weird at times. I hope though that of course, it won't disappear forever. Still have my dream to make realise with.

Alright I guess that's all for now. Tomorrow will be an awesome Friday! Woohoo

No comments: