Sunday 30 September 2012

Happy Mid Autumn!

Happy Mid-autumn 2012 people!

First of all yes, wishing you a very happy mid-autumn festival! Okay yes we're in Singapore so the weather isn't as cool as autumn. Or in fact it's totally not like autumn at all. Oh I wish I could go back to that day when the GTs and I were celebrating mid-autumn in Duolun. It was cold, we were playing fireworks, and the city itself was filled with fireworks. Nice right?

Anyway today was a great Sunday again. As usual began my day with going to the temple. Since it's full moon day we have another full moon celebration hehe. And then I went to Novena to pick up my race pack for Real Run 2012 which is 3 more weeks! And boy I haven't been running! I'm starting this week though. Went to shop a while looking for white pants for Kathina but I couldn't find it. I'll try to find it in Clementi! Sayeoh said sport shops should have white track pants. I think those are fine as well so I'll give it a try hehe.

Headed straight to Tanjong Pagar next to attend Mus'art concert! Where Huili, Joscelyn, Carmen and Glennson perform! Really enjoyed the concert cause they really capture the concert's title of "Playtime"! I love Proffessor Alex haha it's my favourite song. And oh yes I met Miss Dorean Tan!!! OMG It's like 6/7 years since I last seen her! Glad to know she still remembers me, though she couldn't remember my name. But at least she remembered I play the clarinet! ^^

And then I went home cause I have dinner fixed and needa do grocery shopping haha.

Anyway yes today is mid-autumn festival, the 15th day of the 8th lunar month. It's the day where people would eat mooncake and the children would play with lanterns. And then the moon would be really really bright. If I were to return back to old Chinese civilisation I would be outside sipping hot cups of tea and eating mooncake while listening to someone playing guzheng or erhu or something like that. And I would write poems....

And no I didn't do those tonight. In fact I spent my night well in front of my laptop munching mooncakes and sipping tea beside me. Alone. How sad! Haha. Usually back in my hometown, we would set up an altar in front of my grandma's house and we would "pray" to the moon. It's been a tradition, unless it rains then yeah. I miss the accompaniment and laughter we usually had. It's really sad how now, I'm spending this day alone. But oh well nevermind.

 My cuppa tea. Taste of home away from home

I guess somehow things and times have changes. I realised now... Yeah okay maybe it's unfair for me to say this since I spent the night in my room. But well when I was young mooncake festival was something I always look forward to. Especially in Pei Tong primary when activities would be aplenty. I remember in P5 my sis and I joined the pomelo cutting and decoration competition haha which we won! Then in P6 there was a lantern-walk thing which I went as well, to help out Mrs Leow :P Some of my friends would go too. Those were the times.

Now I wonder if things are still the same. If children nowadays still share the same excitement as we did back... 8 years ago. And I can't imagine the coming years. I really hope this tradition won't disappear forever. Well for sure, I will still carry out this tradition till my children and grandchildren and so on. Even when I grow up I'll ask my siblings and cousins to come back and we can have a gathering just like last time! :)

My mum always remind me every year to go and buy mooncakes for mid-autumn festival and eat it at night. Of course I did! I got myself Marriott Mooncakes and OMG they're so freaking goooood. I got the chicken bakwa and mixed nuts. To me they are THE BOMB haha. First time I had salty-filling mooncakes and they are really good! Bought some for the research peeps and Ciara tomorrow hehe. Hope they like it :)\

Double yolk and the chicken bakwa with mixed nuts!

Mid-autumn, like what Mr Lawrence shared with us is one of the major festivals the Chinese celebrate (second to Chinese New Year). Where people would head back home to celebrate it with their families and get reunited again, under the bright bright moon. Of course I do miss home. Been 11 years since I last celebrated mid-autumn back at home. I couldn't even remember when and how. But well yeah, I know I'll get to celebrate it soon enough, at home :)

Alright I guess that's all for tonight! Shall not emo haha. And hello October! You're here tomorrow. You sure do come quickly, but it's okay! I love it and I don't mind :) Week 25 ahead so here's to a too-fabulous twenty-five! 9 more weeks to go. Let's go baby!

中秋节我会想到家
那些日大家会笑着
秋日月亮的大光下
那些年我还小孩子
生活和未来是什么
我只有梦想和自由
今天呢?

No comments: