Wednesday 12 September 2012

Missing Inner Mongolia

 366 days ago

Right....

Well yeah I know that 366 days ago I was still in Inner Mongolia, in Duolun to be exact, still going on with the environmental project I was a part of. Today is the 12th of September. And 366 days ago we just finished planting our saplings. I could still vividly remember that day. As usual we worked from 9 - 1 and then 2 - 5. I could still remember it was a cloudy afternoon. I wished it would by sunny at the end of the day. Cause it's our last day of planting.

My planting partner was Togo. I could still remember the chats we had. I remember we tried many ways to cover our nose and mouth cause all the dirt and sand that were flying everywhere. I remember we were talking about songs. I played Hoppipolla for her, and Sacral Nirvana too. And she loved it as well. We talked about food and so on. We tried different ways to plant it as efficiently as possible. There was drizzle and I was getting worried.

Then we finished planting. And the sky turned yellow. Then orange. We all went up to the railway track and we stood side by side. I took a photo of our silhouette against the setting sun. The sky was deep yellow. And I could still remember the moon was shining bright across the field. Every bit of the day, somehow sticked to my mind like a glue. Stitching every memory that I have of the trip.

What else can I say, the best two weeks of my life after all. Something I'll never forget. It's somehow becoming a memory, a story I can always look back upon to, to seek comfort in the present when it gets uncomfortable. Looking back again and again, the memories never fail to bring a smile to my face. It feels great. Sucks being a sentimental person.

Time seems to fly really quickly. It really feels like the trip just happened somewhere this year. Well at least not ONE YEAR ago you know. 366 days seem to fly really quickly... It seems like it was yesterday. I guess thinking back it was really one of the best memories and best days of my life. We were so bonded, the things we did were really great. Life was simple, everything was simple.

And well I guess it's true how simplicity brings us happiness yeah?

As I said 7 days ago, I'll have a great time reminiscing of the trip for the remaining 6 days I suppose. Thankfully I wrote everything down. In my small humble diary so that well in the future ahead, I can always refer it back again and again and again. Oh the lovely times!

Alright that's all for tonight. Shall head to bed early. My neck has been a pain in the neck (literally) cause I slept on the wrong side and I couldn't turn it to the left, or look up or down. And sometimes it got hurt suddenly -_- Ah well hope it will disappear tomorrow. Okay bon nuit!

Sentimentality escapism

No comments: