Saturday 1 September 2012

Life at night

 Cause when night falls
The inner mind, arises

Well I'm not gonna blog about life... At night. Actually the title of my post refer to how at nights like this, I would think about life, and the thoughts about life would just randomly and suddenly pop into my head. Before I sleep, on a bus, while I stare at the emptiness. And so on. Well the night, though it's dark, it's also a time when we fell into ourselves, we think what the mind couldn't think of as we told them to do so. The mind just thinks. On its own.

Anyway today was an awesome Saturday! Spent it with Vithya and... Today, I must say, is a milestone in our lives! Haha. Well for both of us that is. She got herself a new, fabulous and pretty looking guitar! ^^ As for me, you'll find out tomorrow I suppose hehe. Special post tomorrow! Haha. But yes we're both happy, we went to IT fair first cause I was buying a ____ and also to help Ciara look for a new external hard drive (got it!) and then accompany Vithya to get her new guitar! :)

Vithya went home while I head over to Stadium to go to Kallang Leisure park to get my racepack for Safra 10K. So sad that I couldn't get the red singlet which looks awesome, cause I'm not an army-active person! Oh well SP emailed saying that we're going to get an SP singlet specially for this event. Looking forward to that! :) Hope it's nice. And... Not abrasive heh.

Yeah I guess that's how my awesome Saturday went.

Well on the bus just now... A long bus ride that is. I passed by Ngee Ann Poly. And I asked myself, what if I actually entered Ngee Ann in the first place? Well honestly speaking, seeing Denise and Waiyee's course (early childhood psychology right?)... It's kinda interesting, and I asked myself, told myself, that perhaps I could have went to that course instead.

Then I also ask myself, what will happen if I actually enter a different course... Say if I went to DMAT instead, or visual communication, or art. Or creative writing. What if I actually didn't enter the science field? What will I be doing now, what will happen in the future. Maybe I should go to Food science instead, or even Nutrition Health and Wellness.

Then my mind ask another question. Then perhaps I wouldn't have done the things I've done so far. To go to Inner Mongolia for an OCIP, climbed Mt Kinabalu, went to Korea for an exchange trip, covering FOC, the camps I've went through. Most importantly, the friends I've made, the people I've met and the memories I've written. Memories, are nonreturnable moments of your life. Once a memory is made, it will always be a memory. You know what I mean.

So well yeah and then I realised, and I came up with this:

"Could haves" and "what ifs" are common questions and phrases we humans come up with at times. A sense of doubt, a sense of regret we all have. Life's after all, never complete without doubts and regrets. They are the ones that make life... Better, more enduring. We learn from regrets, we grow from doubts. But why do we always have it in our mind?

Look at the two terms. Could have - the word "could" already signify a past. Something that has happened, and whatever happened, happened. So why not live the moment, and move forward to the future since there's nothing else we can do about it? Hope for the best, do the things with all your heart, all the way.

What if - the word if signifies a possibility that something may or may not happen. Since we're given a choice, why not choose the better one? If you're afraid things won't work, or if you're afraid the things you don't want to happen will happen, then think the other way. The better way. Cause there's totally nothing wrong to be optimistic, and to look on the brighter side of things. 

Yeah. Those are my thoughts. And how I think about life... At night :)

Good night.

No comments: