Friday 1 January 2010

2010 here I come


A thousand sparks, a thousand wishes I wish could come true
Photography by Yours Truly
Happy New Year 2010 again!

Firstly...

A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO EVERYONE! MAY 2010 BE A GREAT YEAR FOR YOU!

Anyway yeah happy new year to everyone out there in SEA region or so haha, since the timing is about the same. 2009 had gone and now it's time to welcome 2010. Another year gone, another year waiting to be unfold, another year waiting to be ventured.

Well it feels so weird that another had gone so quickly! 365 days gone like a breeze, gone like a wind blowing over me. And then another year now lays in front of me, and whether it will go like another breeze, I don't know.

Well I've decided to do like a year-review. What and how 2009 is for me. So... Long post!

January:
New year, new beginning, an important year for me. The Os, my last year in Tanglin, my last SYF, and more. The last chapter of my secondary school year for me. I could still remember Ms Manjit scaring us about the number and facts about the Os, and Mrs Lee giving us the new timetable. Whew...

Feruary - April:
Not much happening but.. SYF. Been training like crazy for SYF Central Judging for Concert Band 2009 with the two songs: La Storia and Overture Number One for Wind Bands. Well we got a bronze, but I feel that I don't care about the medal, all I care is the experience and the joy of playing music.

May:
Mugging and studying real hard for SA1 and Chinese O Level June paper. The results I received was really shocking and not pleasing at all. I wasn't happy with the fact that I fell from 4th to 10th. And it's a wake up call for me.

June:
2 weeks of extra classes, and a week spent to Sweden and Norway! It was one of the most unforgettable travel trip I've had. And spent another week in SC camp. This was my first time not going back to Indo for a long holiday.

July - August:
Many things happened here. O Levels Chinese and English Oral. Which I think I did quite well. Gotten a B4 and merit for Chinese Os June paper. And I decided to join SP through DPA and I am accepted into SP's Biomedical Course through DPA for next year. Very very happy to hear this.

September - October:
Most intensive studying part of the year because it's less than a month away from Os. It's really scary but it was one of the most exciting part of my school life. Especially with the studying I did with my friends in the library.

26th October - 13th November:
THE Os. My last war, my last battle, my last fight of my secondary school life. It was well... Mixed with different feelings about it. Regretted not doing so well for them as I couldn't do some questions. Results waiting...

16th November - December:
Freedom! Liberta! Finally freed from Os and the studying. All I could do then was to wait for the result to approach me (which I am still waiting now too!). Had holidays back in my hometown. Pretty bored at times when I'm alone. But it was beautiful when my cousins arrived.

And that was my year review for 2009. I would say it's a beautiful year for me, since it was my last year in Tanglin and I was fighting with the Os too. Very memorable and I've learnt so much things. It's a year that I hope I won't forget. But it does have some of its hiccups and bad things happening but.. Lets forget that.

Had a blast on New Year's Eve with my cousins. We went to barbecue meats and kang kung and more. Then played with fire sparkles and we burnt our "regrets for 2009" and made our wishes for 2010. And watch some TV shows as well.

Okay that's all for last year. And now lets welcome 2010 together with smiles on our faces alright. Let the past go, and welcome the future and put up a brave soul alright! We shall make 2010 a better year than 2009 yes. Okay see ya!

Goodbye 2009, welcome 2010.

No comments: