Monday 8 November 2010

French

Thank you sir!
Photography by Yours Truly
As hard as it is, learning French is one of my dreams

Righty... Today was an alright day I guess. Wait no, it's sort of DEPRESSING. But overall it's alright I guess. Not sure why but I'm feeling tired and yeah. Sort of restless and not-focussed the entire day. I guess it's my sleeping time but not sure either.

Anyway I did something so uurrgghhh in the morning. Actually last night. So I'm meeting Liz and Candy at 10. So I'm suppose to wake up by like 9 or so, usually I'll wake up at 8.45 to bathe and stuff. I don't know why, I put all my alarms at 7.45! And worst is I woke up earlier than that (For God knows what reason). I constantly woke up and sleep continuously so... It's sort of irritating :O

Anyway met Liz and Candy in library, went to do our RWP together. Lunched and went for Microbio prac. Here comes the interesting, and depressing part.

So in Microbio we were doing this experiment on negative staining. So the background is dark, the cells are white (opposite). The first one is alright, but the one where we have to do capsule staining (AKA plus crystal violet), we're cautioned that the capsule is water soluble and hence it may dissolve in the water we used to wash it off. And yes! It did dissolve!

I re-did the experiment twice and same result. Arrrgh.

Next comes endospore staining. I don't know why the hell, but in my first slide, there isn't any Bacillus cells! It looks sort of flowery-like and I asked Dr Wang, and he told me it's not cells. This happened to my second slide as well. How can I not be pissed seriously. I'm so depressed by the end of the experiment, and disappointed and let down T_T

Oh well, what else can I do, I just hope I will not get experiments like today again. It's so heart wrenching seriously. You're tired both physically and mentally. And emotionally. But I guess this is the rials and tribulations of being a scientist. You get results you love, you get results you despise. But you should never give up!

Well in my case I gave up :/ But that's cause of time! :)

Anyway yeah that's all for the day. Went to CLS room to get interviewed at first, but I didn't get to go cause of time. I had French so yeah, decided to go for the interview on Thursday instead. French was alright I guess. It's just getting more confusing each time. But I do hope I can once be an independent traveller in France one day :D

And wanted to have Tubbies outing but it was cancelled. I met Joel on the way home though. Whew, at least I met him, so the cameras I brought today was not brought in vain, cause he wanted to see it. And yeah, bussed with Joel and Jeniffer back to Clementi. And I seriously am excited about the CLS FOC next year! Heehee

Alright I guess that's all for today. Lets hope tomorrow will be an awesome one, after such a depressing day, thanks to the practical -.-" never mind, anyway see ya all then! :)

You think Chinese is hard? Try French

No comments: