Tuesday 16 November 2010

With Heart and Voice

Because music speaks...
Photography by Yours Truly
What the mouth doesn't say...

With Heart and Voice, I play With Heart and Voice. Okay lame but that's the truth actually! That's how we're supposed to play that song (I feel). But yep, I know it's a hard song, but I really like it. There's this happy and spirited feeling about the song. Especially the bar with the flute solo, which the brasses then come together into one lovely harmony.

Anyway yeah, today was alright I guess. Umm quite an ordinary Tuesday, except for the freaking weather. Started with IO Chem prac as usual. I thought I was late cause I arrived at like 7.55 A.M. When I entered the lab.. It was empty. Then turned out Ying Ting was there already. And I was with Vivian then.

This time round our experiment went smooth! We were doing recrystallisation of Aspirin. And the experiment was sort of "stinky" cause we were using acetic acid or something like that. And it stinks. Like totally. But well it was smooth, cause our melting point turned out to be near with the melting point of Aspirin crystal.

The rest of the day went as per normal. Gosh I hate RWP. Not the module... (Or maybe a bit of the module) but I always fall asleep during RWP! Not sure if it's because of the lunch I had before (which I didn't eat actually). Or was it the rain? I'm not sure either. Then it was Microbio with Mrs Mark, I like her lessons! And Ms Adeline one as well. I like microbiology hehe.

After school headed for the lab first to count our colonies of bacteria formed during yesterday's practical. And YAY!!! This time round we didn't screw up! Our results were awesome, minus some of those "weird" results. But yay, we didn't screw our experiment this time round heehee.

And yes after that I had band. Ate dinner with Kevan (is it?), Rui Zhong and Deborah (or Debra sorry ><) before band. Felt so weird to be the only clarinettist there, among the flute. Oh well I enjoy their company though hehe. And yep, band was alright, there was a Solo Competition for the upcoming MD. Congrats to Breyann and An Chun for winning! Can't wait to accompany them in their song with the band as well.

You know as I was on my way home, I was thinking of this. Where and when did my passion for music come from? Both my parents don't play music. Even though my grandpa did, I was not born yet to hear him play music. My aunt played, and yes she taught me how to play the piano sometimes when I was young, but that's after I had an interest in music.

And my liking for classical/instrumental songs started when I was in P2. I don't know why I liked Richard Clayderman, which my parents like as well. So I asked my sister to buy back his CD from Singapore that time. And that's when my interest towards music just increased.

So I made a conclusion. Is it the fact that this "passion for something" is actually an in-born thing? Is it the famous saying like "Oh it's your fate to like music". Or is it influences around me which stirred my passion?

Well whatever the answer is, there's only one answer. It comes from your heart.

What a long post today :P

Alright it's Hari Raya Haji tomorrow which means.. Holiday! Weeee. Well not gonna like totally slack tomorrow. Thinking of starting my report tomorrow so less things to do hehe. Alrighty see ya then!

Ask yourself why? And your heart shall tell you the answer.

No comments: