Saturday 28 April 2012

Age is a funny thing

 Age is such a fuzzy funny thing. And time is his friend, that smiles along with him.

Okay I'm lying it's like 1:10 AM now on Sunday. But yeah thanks to my OCD I want to blog on the context of today so don't blame me. Anyway nahh it doesn't make a difference does it?

So today was a beautiful Saturday. And a hot one too. I failed so bad cause I ended up not doing ANYTHING which I planned to do today (not work). So my plan was wake up at 11 (which I did). Then head for Holland at 1, pick up my lomo photos, then have a nice cup of chai tea latte in Starbucks. Then go home, blog about my Chicago trip. Then go meet Jes and the rest.

And well I didn't do any of those except the last one. Which is meeting Ade, Jes, WQ, MF and Neal! Hehe. Such a long time since we met so it feels good meeting them again. I met Ade and Neal first. Actually I was damn early heh so I went to have a drink at Delifrance, then I met the rest. Then we had dinner at Long Beach to celebrate MF and WQ birthday (belated and upcoming hoho). Good lunch, and we get to see glimpses of Jay Park at IMM HAHAHA.

We wanted to get some dessert at like Swensens, but it was full. Then to Secret Recipe, and it was full too. So we went to Andersen Ice Cream! Had a nice fondue there. And yeah it was just great meeting with them again. And always enjoy the meet-ups cause we'll have a good laugh. And in one way or another we get to go back to the past. Always :) And today's special joke with Ade of me flatting my boobs! :P

Age is a funny thing. Well we've been going out for dinner quite a few times already. Since we're in secondary school, since we graduated, when they're in J1, J2 and so on. Yet somehow I didn't realise that the more meet-ups we had, is also a realisation that time is flying. Feels like as if it was yesterday when we just graduated. But hey, Jes and I are in year 3 now, Neal in NS, Ade and MF entering Uni soon and WQ is year 2. Yet I don't realise how much grown up we are all now.

As we go out more, I just felt this sense of difference in maturity in the way we talk about things. The way we talk to one another. The conversation and so on. Well I just feel happy for our friendship. And feel proud of how much we've grown up and matured together for the past 6 years. Though we went to our own ways, we still have the chance to meet up.

And soon we're going to our own ways once again. And I hope, but I'm sure, that we'll still meet up in one way or another :)

It just felt sentimental just now, as I looked outside my taxi. Passing through the buildings and roads. Realising... :)

Well. C'est la vie.

Age is such a fuzzy funny thing. And time is his friend, that smiles along with him.

No comments: