Thursday 2 February 2012

Calm down

Surely time can be your enemy
And hell yeah - it can be your best friend
You need, to, calm, down.

Thursday, is a Thursday I suppose. Quoted by Vithya, as much wrong things that happened today, a good laugh the 6 of us had at the end of the day, made our days. Well, true enough! Today was... Kind of a good day. A bit pissed throughout the day. Very rare that I rant about someone in my blog, but I guess I just have to. To let the steam out.

Anyway the morning started with Med Micro as we have no Haematology class. So it was practical and it was pretty good! This is our third prac and for the first time, I don't feel lost at all. Except... That I feel clueless about things at times. And I wasted an agar plate rawr! Ms Kwek is really critical about wastage. Which I truly agree with her. Wastage of agar plates = waste of time = waste of effort. Right?

I was having really really bad gastric this morning during the practical. Horrible. I couldn't even stand up cause when I stand up my stomach hurts. So I either bent down, squat, hunch myself forward. I guess it's the fact that I didn't take breakfast so I had empty stomach for like... 10 plus hours? Sweet. But it was all good, I gobbled down BK for lunch and it felt so good!

As the rest of the day, it just went by like that. What a rainy Thursday though.

Okay ranting time!

Personally speaking, I HATE to be rushed. Constantly, every time, especially when I'm doing work. If I'm late, if we're out of time, if we're really really like gonna die if we don't finish then fine, you have the right to rush me till I cry. The thing is, firstly, we have LOTS of time. Okay not say lots but AMPLE time. Secondly, there's no TIME LIMIT. Thirdly, this is a GROUP work. If you're rushing because of your personal reason. Do you think the group is obliged to rush with you as well? Hell no.

I'm really sorry if I sound rude to you. Our practical starts at about 9 plus. We have till about 12 (standard right? 3 hours) to do it. We have steps to follow, instructions to flow, methods to carry out. There is no point wanting to finish everything if you don't even know what is the FIRST STEP. Don't fly before you can walk. Don't even run. Relax, follow the steps as a flow. Would you really rather float safely into your destination or would you rather be gushed down by the raging river? You will suffer halfway.

And if you think you don't, we do.

Next, FYI, we stayed back till 1230 to finish up everything. Okay we end earlier than the others but we're just there with the class. Okay fine, you need to leave early. But let me ask you this, do you prioritise school or do you prioritise work? Can't you at least change your plans a bit to fix it with your school time? So when it clashes, it means NO I can't do it. Then make it don't clash.

And today is not the only day that this happened. There are other days too.

Okay Clinical Chem class. Fine we have really limited time to do the presentation. But that doesn't give you the right to rush everything to the two of us. WE CAN DO IT, CALM DOWN STOP RUSHING ME!!!! If you don't know, I was freaking annoyed when you constantly ask me to do this and that. I'm freaking doing it. RELAX. You're doing your job, fine, you finish, fine. We're given 15 minutes and not like a freaking 5 minutes to complete it! Stop rushing me! And us.

OMG so sorry but yeah I think this is my first time ranting so much in my blog. Sorry if I'm being such a bitch complaining about you but I really can't take it anymore. If I have to go against your way, I would really love to do so. This is about team. There are 4 of us in the team and 4 of us work as A TEAM. If you want to lead the team fine, but leading doesn't mean everything has to go your way.

Okay you can find me heartless, I don't know the reason why you're so hardworking that you sacrifice your break time with work etc. But in class, you're not working. In class, you're a student. You're part of us. I'm not trying to say you have to follow OUR way of doing things. But mutual respect, think win-win. Think of scenarios that we will all benefit from right?

Vithya always tell me "You need to calm your tits down". I think the world needs to do that.

I'm just letting some steam out. Don't misunderstand me. But if I have to really go against the wave. I would do it. I would seriously do it.

No comments: