Thursday 9 February 2012

The skies beside

Yesterday's sunset, pretty isn't it?

Hello! Currently at FC3's study area. I just finished studying! Okay not say studying but more of quizzing. Done with biostat quizzes, protein for biochem and yup! I wanna do my quizzes first cause I want to study with peace next week. It'll be a struggle, so clearing these things sure help a lot. Plus I still have many other things to settle. So yep. Less things to do sure is better.

Today was an great day I suppose. Even though I woke up late! Same thing happened. I fell asleep before I even set up my alarm etc. So what happened was I, as usual, was "taking a nap" FOR A WHILE. And my definition of a while changed to 6 hours. So yep. That's what happened. Nevertheless I made it in time for my group's debate.

The debate was pretty alright. Sorry for me getting pretty... Defensive when Joanne and Candy were speaking (I didn't know that we cannot rebut on the spot!) and alas I got banned :P Nevertheless I get to get my point across and somehow, both parties managed to get into sort of the same conclusion of the opposites. So I agree with Joanne and Joanne agrees with us. Something like that. Good I suppose?

I guess I am never good with debates. Why? Here are the reason:
- I tend to get "emotional
- I tend to be a bit hot tempered
- I tend to be stubborn
- It sucks when you get a topic you're against with, and you have to prove!

But nevertheless I think today's debate was a good one :) But urgh I hate debates.

So well after that we ended pretty early so we headed to laboratory with Ms Kwek for our last med micro practical which was on fungi! Very interesting hehe, first time seeing fungi being cultured on agar plates. They look disgustingly cute (Y). Some look like moss to me, some like cotton candy, some like shitake but I'm sure you don't want to eat them. And this was our last practical of the semester! (Before the test)

And since then after lunch, I stayed back in school to clear PBL, all the quizzes and so on. Pretty fulfilling day yes? It is indeed very fulfilling

The sky beside me looks very pretty now. Well it may not be a sort of like scenic piece of view. In fact it's kind of cloudy, just patch of yellowish golden clouds hovering over a row of block further in Clementi area there. Sometimes I truly enjoy looking at these scenes after such a long day. And if it's like fulfilling it'll even be better! Like well a mini present the sky gave me for my hardwork? :)

I guess we tend to miss out on the beautiful things in life when they're all out there. Sometimes the simple sunset sky, the floating clouds, the evening breeze. We tend to forget their existence. Or sometimes we do, but we forget to appreciate them. It's kind of a pity that we're missing them out. We all seek and search to different places to enjoy life's enjoyable things when well, they're there in front of us.

If we take love and pleasure in enjoying these "small" and seemingly insignificant things in life, life would be so much better. Because we will learn to be grateful and thankful of it. Honestly speaking, people, like me, would really love to go to different places around the world to enjoy beautiful sunsets. Places like Bali, Fiji, Maldives etc. But well, if I can enjoy the sunsets wherever I am everyday, I find it alright don't you think so?

But sure yes, hell yes, I would really love to go to those places :P Take home message is just - take the time to enjoy the beautiful things that surround you. They are there, we just don't realise them.

And what's with the seemingly weird post? Hahaha

Anyway I'll be heading home now. It's not early anymore. Gonna cook so yup! See ya all!

Those are some of the reasons why I don't want to be a doctor. And why a career is the scientific field questions me.

No comments: