Thursday 23 February 2012

Six years

Six years is the length of our friendship. Of the length of how Jeslyn, Ade, Neal and I met back in secondary one. Yup, it's 2006 when I first entered Tanglin. And for 6 years, they're the closest friends I still hang out with. We would meet for at least in once every three or at least 6 months. Well I still do meet up with others but well, they're the real close friends I still keep in touch in the past 6 years even though we've graduated.

Then Weiqi and Meng Fung joined along. And we're good friends since.

Six years ago, we're still in short pants. We're still kids who just left our primary schools. We were still deemed as strangers. We don't know each other well etc. That was six years ago.

Six years ago, we're still in short pants. And six years later, today, we sent Neal off to serve his National Service. We've all grown up and we're no longer the kids we used to be six years back. It's quite scary and amazing at the same time how fast time flew by right in front of our eyes. But well, if 6 years went by quickly, I'm sure two years will too. So hang in there my friend.

I wish you all the very best for your NS life. I'm sure you will tremendously gain something from it.

Memories are always funny. I could still vividly remember the first day of my sec one life. How I entered Tanglin, the first few people I talked to - LTY, Joel, Kris (who got transferred to 1E3 then haha) and Neal. The random days that would pop out by itself in my head. The first day of my 3E1 life. Where Ade, Jes, Neal and I sat at the same table and Mrs Lee found out we're from the same class.

Six years it has been since I entered Tanglin, and 2 years since I've graduated from that school. Many memories made, stories written, chapters sealed and journeys ventured. Amazingly in one way or another, I sometimes couldn't believe how fast these 6 years just flew by right in front of my eyes, beneath my breath. The real good friend I made since sec one is now serving his national service.

Today was well quite an emo day for me. I know this goodbye is just a temporary one. But just remembering the days we once had back in Tanglin, when I still remember we always talk about going NS. And now, he's really going there. It made me think again that well, life is indeed one beautiful journey. A wonderful one. You meet people along the way, and a bond is created. Some bonds last while others dissipates. But well, a bond is still made.

Today it made me think.

It dawned upon me when....

No comments: