Saturday 4 February 2012

Sweet Lullaby

"A quiet Friday afternoon in Clementi"
Solitary joy, simple indulgence

Don't mind the title, it's a new awesome song I found by Deep Forest! It's quite an old song, published in the 90s. Stumbled upon it while watching a video. I was reading more info about the song. Apparently it's a lullaby from the Solomon Islands. Oh gosh I don't even know where the Solomon Islands is but well now I know. I thought it's somewhere near Africa but I was totally wrong - it's behind Papua New Guinea!

Anyway the translation of the lyric goes like:

Young brother, young brother, be quiet You are crying, but our father has left us He has gone to the place of the dead To protect the living, to protect the orphan child

Such a sad song right? How can it be a sweet lullaby. But nevertheless, I think it's one great song. Very soothing, the melody of the lullaby reminds me of... I don't know. A scene of a grassland under a blue sky with an orange hue. Something like that. And I am sitting down and feeling really mellow. Then the wind blows and I am pondering about life. A few deers jumping in the distance.

It's quite amazing how music can create all these imageries in my mind. In a sense it's pretty true that each music creates a mood for all of us. Creates and evokes a feeling about something. Like for example Sigur Ros' Inni Mer Singur Vitleysingur reminds me of some kind of run. A marathon, or just running in the field for fun. Amazing isn't it?

Today was an ordinary Saturday I guess. I had a great like 9 hours of sleep (Y). I slept at 4 last night, doing stuff first, I decided to do my work till the late hours and sleep as much as I want on Saturday. So I did. And I woke up at 1 PM! How shiok isn't it? 9 hours of sleep, when I only had like 3-4 hours of sleep on the weekdays. I don't know why but yeah, I get insomnia since I came back from CNY.

Some is due to the fact of "sudden" assignments. Like thanks to my forgetful nature, I tend to forget that I have to do one thing for tomorrow and well have to stay up and do. Or some are just unforeseen circumstances that oh well, I don't know but yeah. Can't wait for holidays, I get to sleep as much as I want. Lovely. Tomorrow I'll wake up early to do work, promise again hehe.

I went to Orchard with my sis for lunch. We suddenly had cravings for steak and waffles -.- so we went to Marche to get them! Oh so yummy, I didn't have any of those though, rosti is like a must for me in Marche. And she also got herself salmon instead. The irony!! Haha but well we had waffles, while I had bread pudding. Yum yum.

Ordinary Saturday but I feel good. Must be the hectic week - doing these feel so enjoyable.

Hmm after exams, I'm thinking of going for a solo trip around Singapore. Just me, my camera, a notebook, a pen and yeah a great walk around Singapore. Thinking of just visiting the beaches as well. I think it'll be awesome. Planning in progress! One step closer to a solo trip overseas, perhaps after I graduate.

Alright off to do something. Something, which I promised to do last year. Yes. 2011

And not done yet!

No comments: