Wednesday 1 February 2012

Slowly but surely

It's good that I have these two photos on my desk
When I'm stressed I'll tell myself
"If I can do that, I can do this"

Okay I'm cheating once more. It's currently 1:54 AM, 2nd of February, and... I know the date says 1st Feb but who cares. I just want to blog about today.

In the context of today.

Anyway... Today I didn't come to school cause I woke up late. This is what happened... Maybe it's my fault too. Last night while I was submitting my med micro assignment, I was shocked by the appearance of two more questions. So I rushed and do those two questions and well all in all I went to bed at 3 AM. And I fell asleep! How great. Yes I forgot to switch on my alarm. When I woke up it was 10 and I was already 2 hours late for Immunology. Alas, I got up quickly to prepare for med micro practical.

Theeeennnnn

I was informed that the practical has been pushed to 1030, after immunology as it ended early. It was just after I left my door. So I would really find it meaningless to go to school, cause when I reach school, my friends would have been about 3/4 on the way of finishing the practical since the first day of a med micro practical is streaking of agar plates. So I decided not to come to school.

Honestly speaking I was really pissed. Pissed with myself. For well, not waking up early. For forgetting to switch on the alarm. And for the fact that my day was ruined. My morning was ruined. What an awesome way to start my February? Yes.

In the evening I went to meet Neal and Jeslyn to catch up on dinner. Wished I can stay longer, but homework is bugging me to be finished. Really enjoyed the dinner, I get to relax and just talk nothing about work. How great. But well time just goes and I have to leave already. He's going to enlist in NS soon. Time flies huh. We graduated two years ago, entered our respective school, he graduated from JC, now he's enlisting.

And I'm entering year 3 for goodness sake!

Sigh tonight was really... Stressful. I just feel that everything is happening at the wrong timing. I feel that everything is crashing down simultaneously. Why :( With so much work on my back, exams in 2 weeks time (now 1.5!) and then work, and then worries, they're all such an awesome recipe for tears. I just feel like breaking down. It feels so stressful, tiring, hurting, sulky to have all these happening at the wrong timing.

But whatever the case, I believe things will get better. They definitely will.

Well... Okay I know I think I've told you this before but I'm really someone who can't handle stress well. If I'm really reaching that maximum capacity, I would either - cry or stop whatever I'm doing, watch a TV, play piano or whatever thing even though work is piling on me. And I tend to panic, thinking of all the bizarre scenario that might happen. Paranoia. It's pretty irritating and in some way frustrating. I need to calm my tits down (thanks Vithya). I just need to calm down, but it's so hard.

I wish this sem were like last sem. Last sem I have my Inner Mongolia to look forward to but this time round, I don't have any I suppose. Except for going back home for my holiday. I'm not sure how, but I definitely will and deserve a good rest. This semester has been hell of a ride. And I will make sure it ends with a bang! I'm even planning of lone trips to somewhere. Like maybe beach visits heh.

Well whatever the case, I know I'm not alone in this hell I'm going through. We all are, it's the end of the semester where things start to falter. But also it's the end of the semester when things will get better. Slowly, but surely.

OUYEAH!

No comments: