Thursday 1 March 2012

Back

Taken at Puncak today

Alright I didn't mention it here but I just got back from Jakarta today! Yep I went on the 29th (Happy belated leap-year day by the way) till today, I arrived back at about 7 PM. It was just a short 2 day trip there, did nothing much but got some nice shirt from Pull & Bear and some nice soft board to form a photo collage in my room! :) Hopefully everything turns as planned and I can decorate my room hoho.

Going to Jakarta was alright I guess. I went to watch "This Means War" too! OMG it was so hilarious. A must watch! Damn awesome movie haha. It's been a really long time since I had a good laugh at the movies haha. And went to eat with my aunt, uncle and cousins. Pretty awesome~

Hmm what else to talk about. Nothing I guess! :P So here goes blog challenge #2

Day 02 - A song that reminds you of a certain event

Well in life we don't have time machines. I'm sure we all know that. But I believe many things can be our time machines. One, for me are photographs. I think they're time machines that will transfer you to the past, of a certain event. That's why I love photography. Two, are music. Because well I tend to -love- songs during different periods of time. And sometimes, going for a trip somewhere, I would listen to a particular song. Somehow. Well I can't live without music. I HAVE to listen to music, everyday.

Well not like music, music. I mean even listening to a song in TV is considered music. Listening to my singing in the bathroom is music. You get what I mean? No? Okay moving on....

So well I have LOADS of songs that remind me of a certain event. Since the challenge asks for A song so I'll just give you one then? First of all lets clarify some points. Event, by dictionary.com is referred to something that happens, or is happening, an occurrence, especially of some importance. Oh my so hard to purely define. Lets just take it as something that has happened okay?


 

Well I'm just going to say one then. The song is Sacral Nirvana by Oliver Shanti and friends. This song reminds me of one certain event that I will never forget - my Inner Mongolia OCIP trip last September! I know I've shared the above video before. But just sharing it again, cause plus, I used the same song in the video. That is why I used the song in the montage anyway.

So yeah. Anyway why this song reminds me of the trip. Cause one I was always listening to this song during the trip. During the flight, during the 8 hour bus ride (that was the best memory I had), during the bus trip to our planting site, during the journey back to town (this is rare cause I rarely listened to my iPod when we go back) and during any long bus ride we had like to Duolun hu and to Lanqi.

This song truly reminds me of our days there. Especially the bus ride. Imagine listening to this song while looking out to the wide grasslands there. How awesome right? So eargasmic and peaceful at the same time. And this is the reason why I used this song for the montage. And with the fact that this is the song used for the montage, it fortifies my memory to this song, and the trip.

Oh those were the good old days.

So yup. I guess that should answer today's question. So people, remember, the next time you wish there's a time machine to take you back to another time, just listen to a song that reminds you of a place, or a particular time or event. It may not take you -physically- back in time. But well, I think the waves of memories that will hit you, would surely bring a smile to your face :)

And happiness would return.

No comments: