Friday 11 December 2009

I don't seek fame, nor do I seek publicity


I am who I am.
Photography by Yours Truly
Aku means me haha


Heyow people! Today was another great day. And oh I'm going to tell something exciting haha.

Okay firstly, I'm going to perform on the piano! Haha. Yup. There's this even that is going to happen next Monday here in my hometown. It's like an end of year event where businessmen come to gather and talk and stuff. Then there's this woman (the organiser) whom my father recommended me to her to play. And I'm like what? Haha

But well I ended up agreeing with my dad.

So I have been spending my days like practising for the event. Two songs, now three. And now it's even more fun cause some of my friends will be like singing like a choir with me on Howl's Moving Castle which is nice! Yep.

Well so I'm kind of both nervous and excited for it like how I was excited and nervous about O Levels. But I kept telling myself that nah, I'm just going to have fun there right?

Talking about having fun and the title of this post, let me tell you something.

You know, I was once reluctant to perform cause my dad is not going to the event. Then I told myself like how I told myself during SYF. I come there to perform, not to impress others, not to gain fame nor publicity. But I want to go there and enjoy and make people happy with my music (hopefully).

I once hear this saying. When we are performing. We are suppose to forget who we are. Our identity, ourself. When we perform we are who we performing as. We are not the same we when we perform. Forget about getting fame, forget about making mistakes. Just enjoy the music and just enjoy what we are doing.

And of course this does not apply to competition okay.

Well yeah. I guess by saying this I can counter to ahem. So yeah. I don't wish to get famous or something like that. I just want to enjoy music, and seek talent to play music. I don't wish to show off, I just want people to enjoy my music. That's all!

Alright that's all for today I guess. More posts coming up. And oh I can't believe two weeks have gone since I'm here. Time do really fly quickly. And I want this to occur (when I'm really bored haha). Okay see ya all!

You don't understand me. You don't know me.

No comments: