Wednesday 15 December 2010

BAND-tastic! :)

Whew! My MD band camp had finally came to an end! So much of things I have learnt in these three practices, many things I have corrected, most importantly, many BONDS I have forged hehe. After the camp, I seriously can't wait to perform in Esplenade in MD! But in the meantime, practice practice practice.

Anyway hmm quite a few things happened. Yesterday went to visit the Nikon Bioimaging Centre (NBC). It's really an interesting and eye-opener for me in the research field. There's so much things one can do with the humble (and expensive) microscope! Hmm, I'm really looking forward to sort of "do researchs" on many things (especially cancerous cells) with them.

The most interesting thing is that I get to see images of cells using confocal and fluorescence microscope with my own naked eyes! It's so amazing! Those images I see in books, websites etc, it is really interesting. And those videos of materials going in and out of the cells? Done it! I've seen it yesterday and holy crap, they are so awesome!

And the MOST amazing thing is? How those activities are initiated by certain pathways, or reactions or chemicals and stuff, and it just happened in I don't know how long. It is really QUICK. That's what I really like about cells. They are amazingly.... Versatile and... Beautiful. Amazing, this is how science never fail to impress me.

Hmm I think choosing the Research option isn't a bad thing :)

OH! And Biopolis is an awesome place! :D

Right, I guess that's all for today. Gonna meet Annabel and Cheryl tomorrow! Man, it's been such a long time since I met them so yeah, it's gonna be fun I guess! :) See ya then~

Had a band-tastic three days!
PS: No picture today hehe :P

No comments: