Friday 17 December 2010

Middleman

The three of us
Photography by my Camera mwahaha
WORK IT! :D

Right, I just had an awesome dinner (or supper for me) with Jeslyn and Neal. Met Victor, Jeremy Yeo and Ang, Daniel and gang as well! Haha. What a co-incidence. Anyway yeah, sorry for not joining you guys, you could have asked me earlier :O Cause we planned to meet together long time ago (last week) so yeah, I hope you guys understand.

Anyway I met up with Cheryl and Annabel yesterday, been such a long time since I met them! So felt really happy to be able to meet them again :) We met at Orchard, and walked along the road to enjoy the lights! Awesomeness. Not to forget - REMINISCING! Favourite part of all haha. And not forgetting the stomach pain we got from laughing, a lot. And not to forget the pictures as well :)

Ahh, it's weird isn't it. We were once so close in Tanglin. A lunch, dinner or outing were quite normal. And now we have gone to our own different ways. That's why I always treasure these outings with friends whom I have never met for a long time. Well well, time is a mystery isn't it?

It's 8 more days to Christmas! And TWO WEEKS more to the last day of 2010!

Anyway I cooked my dinner just now! Inspired from this channel in Youtube called Cooking With Dog. Maybe you've seen it before. If you haven't, see it! I'm sure you will drool looking at all the food. So I'm inspired to make this dish called Yakibuta ramen. Of course I didn't have it with Ramen, so I was just cooking the pork.

Basically, Yakibuta is translated as roasted pork ribs. But I couldn't find pork ribs so I used pork belly. I fry the pork for a while to brown them, then boil it for 2 hours. Since it's small I cut it down to 1.5 hours instead. Then I went to take the stock, put soya sauce and mirin (Japanese cooking wine) and boil the meat further.

To make it healthier, I added snow peas and mushroom! And here it is :D

Nice huh?

Well it sort of failed... It should have that melt-in-your-mouth texture but well, it doesn't. But honestly, it's the BEST (yes I'm bragging) pork dish I've ever cooked by myself. Cause the meat is tender! Really tender! And please, I know you guys will complain about the fats. But I don't care. The rule for eating nice? DON'T FEEL GUILTY! :)

And like as if I'm eating this everyday -.-" Hahaha

Alrighty that's all for today! I'll be going off the day after tomorrow. So yep, kinda looking forward to going back, I'm holiday-deprived haha. See ya then!

Why am I always the middleman in life's situation? :(

No comments: