Thursday 9 December 2010

Cause it's freedom

Family photo hah.
Photography by Lumix TZ8
Great fun guys, great fun.

Right, today was an awesome day! Went to East Coast Park with Bobby, Syazwan, Michelle, Vivian, Hari and Zaki to cycle around. So well in the first place, I wanted to give this one a miss because there's quite a few people not going. But well still decide to go, and I know I'm not making a mistake. Today was such an awesomly beautiful day. Both for the weather, and what we did.

So met at 11 in Bedok MRT. I thought I was late, so I cabbed down! Turned out I'm the earliest haha. Anyway, went to do some shopping first for our trip, went to buy drinks, snacks etc. Then headed to buy lunch at a nearby hawker centre. Brought all the stuff and headed to ECP. Whew, didn't know going there could be so tiring, the distance and the walking is wow.

Headed for this shelter and we laid our mats, bags etc. Felt so good to lay down on the bench haha, it's such a whew for my leg. Ate lunch and played lots of games. Card games most of the time. I taught them the Indonesian version of a heart attack, AKA Kartu Tepok (or translated as... Hit-the-card-game). Glad they liked it, most of the time people find it boring...

Went cycling then! We stopped in a few places... First stop was this pier-like place. We laid Zaki's mat again and rest there. The view is so... Beautiful. Peaceful. There was a point of time where I just listened to Sigur Ros' Ara Batur, as I listened to the sound of the crashing waves. Blissful I tell you. So well played around there, made some sand painting hehe.

The boys then went to cycle further, we reached Changi! Well not Changi, just the beginning of that long way beside the runway. And we're presenting.... The matreps! Haha. So Syaz, Hari and Bobby went to "pimp" their bicycle into some vroom-vroom producing sound bicycle haha. Very innovative of them. And in fact they bring smiles to people :)

We went on our ways then. Joined Michelle and Vivian home, but I went to Ochard to meet my sis for dinner. Gosh I was so tired then haha. Thanks Zaki for brining us to the bus stop. He walked so far just to bring us there. Seriously, he can become some camp co-ordinator or in charge.. He'll be one super responsible and initiative guy. Oh, by the way, he even planned some things for this outing... Wow! (Claps)

Alright anyway so why freedom?

You know the point of time when we were walking to ECP, through the underpass, then through this road, I just felt this sense of joy and freedom. We were all unsure of where to go, how long more must we walk and etc. But I felt this excitement and joy of being lost. Is like... You're free. I feel so free just to walk in these roads, not knowing where we'll end up at.

And when we were cycling around, the sky was just pure bliss. It's really wonderful, the weather. The breeze of the wind, and the sound of the crashing waves are like the sound of freedom. The wind, going to places whenever it will take them. The water, flowing through time and places they don't know. Isn't it just freedom?

I once read this in Natgeo adventure. In order to find yourself, sometimes you gotta lose yourself. Which is true! And my favourite of all time - Lets get lost!

Alright what a long post today. Pictures will be on Facebook! See ya!

Cause it's freedom. It's joy.

No comments: