Friday 3 December 2010

Bittersweet

This is just the beginning.
Lomography by Yours Truly
The beginning, of the beginning
Don't give up!!!

Sigh, today the morning was a bit "disappointing". Not for the things that happened, everything went fine, not when I received my Cell Bio MST results. So well I scored a 72. Alright some of you may feel it's fine to get that, but well, I was hunting for an 80 but oh well. What else can I do. I'll just accept what happened, and move on. No point just crying over a downfall.

I hate the feeling of being disappointed. But well, let this be a bittersweet reminder for me to keep on moving forward. This is just the beginning. Watch out Cell Bio, I'm so gonna pawn you!

Moving on, went to meet Sharon first at Moberly, wanted to have lunch there but our dear Jolene was late... So well we gotta wait for her. So we spent the time waiting studying for a while, Nivedha was there as well, waiting for her friends. And as Jolene arrived, we had lunch together at Moberly's cafe while Nivedha went to call her friend (or attend her friend on her phone). I hope everything went fine for them.

Studied in library from about 2 to about 6, Wei Lun joined us at 4. I'm quite pleased with myself, finished my Chemistry notes (finally) and did a little microbio just now. Whew, when my friends told me they're scared for Microbio, I was "huh? It's alright I thought?". Now, I understand why. There's just so much things! Eeek.

Dinner at "Everything With Fries" with Jo, Pow and Ben, had one hell of a fun time there. Good destresser before MST I suppose. Good food, I tried their char siew rollade, a new item, it's sinfully, lusciously, fattily, GOOD. The fat of the pork is just urrrgghhh... WONDERFUL oops. And the cracking! YUM.

But yes, pretty sinful.

Then we played this eating game thingy, I know we're not supposed to play with food, but oh well. I guess that's what happened if we're stressed with MST. Oh well... So we played open number, and loser has to eat the fries! (Which we didn't finish). So first round was one fries, second 2 fries, third 2 fries; one with "awesome" salmon sauce, last round, 2 fries with salmon sauce heehee.

Thank God I only get... Up to, as worst, the third round. So not so bad I guess.

Oh well it was a seriously good destresser to MST. Time to get serious from today onwards. I'm planning to finish up my microbio notes by tomorrow. I'm left a few more chapters. Or in fact, parts. So yep, I can then spend the weekend cramming the information into my brain.

You know sometimes we hate people who say "I'm gonna fail/do badly/lose my A etc" and get A in the end? But don't you just find it COMFORTING to say that, in case you did badly for your test. It is really demoralising to be hopeful for an A, and all you get is a B. And it is pretty comforting if you tell you're going to do badly, and your really do badly.

It's like... The statement cushion the impact to your downfall. I know it's really stupid to say such things, but seriously, it's better to do that. I was so hopeful that I could get an A. And here I am, not even a B+. I know you guys may find me selfish, and arrogant or maybe boastful. But if you don't reach your target, don't you just feel the pain.

It's in the psychological mind of us, humans, to always prepare for the worst.

Sigh, yes I'm still a bit sad about my result. But there's no reason for crying over spilt milk. I know I'll be able to pull this through. I know I have the ability to do well. To do better than this. I'm sure I can. And so do the rest, who did not get the result of their target. Don't worry, lets pull through all these together and emerge at the top in the future.

A bittersweet reminder. A bittersweet reminder.

No comments: