Saturday 16 April 2011

Back again, back soon :/

Hello! Oh dear I've been wanting to blog since I return from the Semarang trip but apparently I've been feeling so sleepy that I fell asleep while, or when going to blog. Anyway I'll just update the trip here I suppose :D

So anyway the first day was spent at Juwana, a small town 2 hours from Semarang. Had delicious dinner there! 3 types of food in total, and in a row. There's stir fried frog meat and frog meat soup, very spicy and tangy :D Then we ate beef satay with the internal organs also included. So yummy, love the "fats" there, I don't know how to say in English. Last but not least we had the ox satay as well! The meat is grounded so it's soft and nice. Me favourite :D

The next day we drove to Yogyakarta in the late morning. We headed to Borobudur first, it's an ancient Buddhist temple. I've been wanting to go there, and when I saw the monument I just went :O it's so huge! And snapped lots of pictures there. Sadly some of the Buddha statues' heads are taken off, should be due to some foragers :/

Had dinner in Yogya then, as we met with my brother's colleague. There's this shop called SS = Serba sambel = Everything with chillies. It's very spicy! But so yummy as well :D And addictive. We also went to Malioboro, it's like a shopping district of Yogyakarta, and it's pretty bustling with lots of shops and restaurants and food vendors etc.

The next day's morning was spent in Yogya as well. Had a delicious bowl of meatball soup, but with fried meatballs in a soup! Very nice and crispy. And we also went to this shop, it's like "Everything with mushroom"! Very nice, I love the food there. Duh, I'm a mushroom lover :P After that we start our journey back to Semarang.

Before going to Semarang we went to this place called Bandungan. It's like a highland so the weather in nice and cold. We went to this SPA resort (without going for one) where the view was so beautiful! :D And we also had freshly made soy milk... So freaking fresh and nice :D And also tofu, also fresh and lovely.

In the night, we checked in to the hotel and we drove around Semarang in search for food. There's this Semarang chicken rice. It's rice + chicken + soup. I love soupy rice :P And the seller is a nice lady as well. Went to this cool handout/chillout space as well called S2! And to this nice cafe where we can see the view of Semarang. Light glittering etc... It's so wonderful.

The last day was spent more on food as well heh. But we went to this temple where it's built to commemorate the arrival of Zheng He in Semarang. Then we drove around to look for nice food. I love the Leker, or Semarang's creppes. Very nice :D And then we head to the airport at night and then yeah, that's all for the trip.

It's pretty sad to realise how fast those 4D3N passed by. I love the life of the central Java people. They are nice and friendly. Life is sweet and simple there. The street vendors are willing to talk to you while you're eating. And they cycle everywhere! I really hope life can be as sweet as the life there seriously :/

Anyway I shall blog again tonight. Heading off now first. Continue tonight! :)

No comments: