Sunday 24 April 2011

Genuine Happiness

It's 12:53 AM and I have to wake up in about 7.30 hours more time. And what I'm doing now? Blogging of course :P But anyway yeah I just feel like blogging cause it's been a great weekend spent with my cousins and I just feel like I should blog it. Plus I wanna say something heh. Wanna write something about the tittle.

Anyway yeah I spent the weekend with my cousins. My long weekend, as I previously mentioned. It was an awesome one :D I went to Universal Studio yesterday! So freaking awesome, I love the rides especially BATTLESTAR GALACTICA :D I told myself in the beginning that I'm so not going to take that but apparently, I just can resist! And it's so bloody awesome :D

But I went for the human side. Cylon is just too :O

Then spent the evening at Sentosa itself, walking around playing Luge. It's like a finally for me. I've been studying in Singapore for like 8 (soon to be 9) years and I have never been: Luge-ing, watching song of the sea, go to the Merlion park in Sentosa and of course to USS. So I've been doing these things (except song of the sea) while my cousins have all went there! Hahaha.

So I'm glad to have done all those things yesterday :P

Today was spent umm mostly on the shopping side. I went to the Red Dot Museum with my cousin, Febi, today too! It's such an awesomely inspiring place. I couldn't imagine how, and urrghhh where those wonderful ideas come from!! It's just so awesome. You should go there seriously. Then the rest was spent outside, shopping heh. Shopped for some stuff as well :)

And oh well, that's all for this awesome weekend. And tomorrow, or in fact a few hours later, school is starting and it will end late cause of rehearsal. It's like being back to reality! Haha. But c'est la vie! We can't do anything about it can we, life has to move on, as the song by Leann Rhimes (correct spelling?) says, Life goes on. Oh well....

But it's been a really awesome weekend with my aunts, uncle and cousins, seriously!

Talking about the tittle of the post, here it is.

You know we always feel happy. We always feel happy when happy things happen to us. When things we love happen to us. When we just feel happy. And nice. But not all of these happiness are genuine happiness. Not saying that our feeling of happiness is "fake" in a sense like we're in denial or something like that. It's more like the happiness that we feel OUTSIDE of our feeling.

Oh dear confusing much.

But like anyway take it this way. Happiness is like eating your favourite cake. You feel happy cause you eat something you love. Genuine happiness is like when you find a toilet after holding your pee after 3 hours. Or when you join a competition, and you win it without knowing, or expecting that you're going to win.

Happiness is felt for a moment, then the feeling lingers for a little while, and it leaves. Genuine happiness is felt for a moment, then the feeling lingers for a longer while. And plus, you feel other "positive" feelings coming into you. Like satisfaction, pleasant, glad, and accomplishment. It's just different.

And we feel happiness often, but we seldom feel genuine happiness.

And that's why it's so hard to get genuine happiness, and when you get it, you can't really feel it. It can only be felt by the inner you. Not something that you can truly feel, happy. It's like feeling happy, and then with that something else, but you can't feel it yourself, physically. Oh man sorry for making it so complicated, but you get a tinge of it yeah?

Anyway I thought of all these while in Starbucks just now with my cousins. Amazing huh, thankfully I can still remember them. I should bring a small notebook next time, anywhere with me so that I can jot down these wonderful points uh! Haha. Alright that's all for tonight, ciao! Hope I'll have an awesome day, and not-so-tiring day tomorrow :D

Happiness, it's really a pursuit.

3 comments:

Nivedha G said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Niv said...

okkkkk.i had to read the happiness part twice.But hey,you know what.It made sense! :D Deep thinking eh ;)


And oh, I deleted my previous comment cause it linked to my oldddddd blog which doesn't exist anymore :/ hahaha.

Your Life's Symphony photo is FREAKING AWESOME :D Did you take it?

Adhi said...

Haha okay glad you understood :P Yep I took that photo! It's taken at my hometown :D Nice right <3