Tuesday 5 April 2011

Simplicity

Nice sunset :)
Photography by Yours Truly
I love sunsets, and skies.

Hello! Today was a great day! Many things happened so I was sort of pre-occupied today, but nevertheless, it's somehow fun and sentimental at the same time. In the afternoon went to my grandparents' graveyard! It's... "fun" I guess, I know it's pretty much contradicting but well, it's been 5 long years since I visited the graveyard, and many longer years since I went there for the qing ming jie. So yup.

Anyway going to my grandparents' graveyard today just reminded me of how fast time could fly. It's been exactly 5 years ago since my grandma passed away, so yeah it's pretty quick huh. And I sort of like the cemetery (I know this is weird). The weather today was awesome and cooling, and the sky was beautiful. The cemetery was really quiet and peaceful so... It was a nice surrounding I guess!

Ate lunch with my aunts and we were talking about travelling. My uncle was telling me his life in Austria while he was still studying in the 80s! And damn he makes me feel like going there too :P I think Austria is a beautiful place, as he and some of my aunts mentioned and described. Oh and I feel like going to Greece as well! Cause one of my aunts went there last year.

In the evening I went to my dad's garden, and my aunt, dad and I were "ngoyos-ing". AKA plucking out the wild weeds that grow in the flower patch. Well we don't want them to take the food of the flower plants so we pluck them out! It's really fun and addictive, cause you're sort of urging to find as many weeds as possible to be plucked out. Plus, it's like an exercise! We were quite sweaty after that :O

And I think what my aunt said is true. While plucking out the weeds, our minds are... Empty. It's true! It's like I wasn't thinking of anything else while plucking the weeds, just getting the weeds out, that's what's on my mind. So it was sort of mind refreshing and fulfilling to do that. Well it's pretty rare in our lives that we actually have a moment of blankness in our minds eh?

So here goes my holiday writing topic #9 - Simplicity

If you were to give me a choice, in a holiday, to go out shopping in a city for 6 hours, or going to a beach for 6 hours, I'll definitely choose the 2nd choice. If you were to live in a metropolitan city, or a countryside house, I'll choose the second choice again. I love being simple, I love the fact that simplicity should be the way of living. Yes, even though I love a bit of indulgence (like food) but I still want, and wish and try to be as simple as possible.

I guess that's why I love taking random shots of objects, I love simple things like a simple notebook or mugs, I love simple songs, not too rara yet not too quiet. I love simple. I guess it's really the way to make life easier and nicer. I love simple food, with simple decorations etc. And I would really love to lead a simple life. Living in a small town, nice breezy weather etc.

I really don't mind working in a farm, in a small quiet countryside, leading a simple lifestyle. That's why I really enjoyed plucking out the weeds just now, cause it's a simple and yet fun job. I love and prefer things to be simple, sweet and nice. If possible, the way I live, the way life goes, everything, lets keep them simple shall we?

So yeah, I really love simplicity. You might not see how this is reflected in my life. But I love simplicity. Sometimes, life seems tougher now than those in the olden days. Cause I guess life was much simpler last time than of now. Try to make your life simple and sweet, and you'll see how much sweeter it can be :)

No comments: