Sunday 3 April 2011

Brr

Life needs some direction
Photography by Yours Truly
Taken yesterday :)

Sorry for the title, it's really cold here right now, so... Yes it's pretty Brr in here! But well I'm in my room once again, and so.. It's not that cold heh. In fact it's cosy and nice, but I just opened the door cause it's pretty stuffy and hot just now earlier, I was cleaning up my room for something. And was also tidying up my photo frames, they were infested with... Moulds! But it's clean now, and I just did another round of wiping.

Today was a normal day I guess, just that we did some praying for this Tuesday's 青明节! Wow first time typing Chinese in my blog, and I hope it's the right spelling... So yep, we were praying before the day itself. So my aunt and uncle came, together with my cousins Via, Frans and Febi! I was playing chase with Via and it was so fun haha, feels like been a long time since I played that.

In the afternoon went to do the weekly grocery shopping as usual with my mum and sis, followed by my grandma's house! It's pretty funny, we were on our way home from my grandma's house back to my house when this uhh meatball seller came by. So we instead of heading home, we actually stayed longer to have a bowl of meatball soup! Sorry I really don't know what to call it in English, just meatballs I guess.

Umm yeah that's all for my day. My aunt from Jakarta is coming tomorrow though! She's joining us for the 青明节. So guess it's gonna be fun and yeah, less empty I suppose to say it.

I don't know what to talk again... So lets start my...

Holiday writing topic #8 - Childhood

Honestly, I don't know why I picked this topic. Perhaps due to the fact that I played chase with my cousin just now? So was sort of like thinking and reminiscing of my childhood. I'm not absolutely sure actually. But nevertheless, lets start. Hmm childhood is I'm sure something everyone wish to relive. Unless it's something bitter and painful, which is pretty unusual and rare I guess.

Sometimes... It's pretty foolish of me to think why didn't I have my camera when I was a child! I know nuts about photography then, let alone, a passion for it. But well pretty pictures of lanscapes, skies, events and more are inside the memory of my childhood. But well, there's no way I can "see" it again like a photo when it is now a memory.

I remember those days where Saturdays are like my favourite days. Well apparently here in Indo, we don't have a holiday on Saturdays. So I remembered how happy I would be every Saturday! After school I would wash my shoe, dry them, and then play with my cousins. 3 of my cousins stayed opposite of my house by the way. And we would play till the evening.

Every Saturday we would either go out. And my definition of going out is not like an outing at a nearby cafe or whatsoever. It's to go to my dad's factory in the evening for cycling or chase. Or we would "venture" to a nearby shop that sells snacks and drinks etc. Why venture? Cause we have to either go by this jungle-like place or this place with lots of drainages and yeah. So it's pretty adventurous.

On the special occasions, another 2 of my cousins would come for a stay over! I remember we would be so happy, they would either stay in my grandma's house, or my house. And on Sundays, we would wake up early to go and have a nice breakfast of porridge which is quite a far walk from my house. And we used to call it our "morning exercise".

And on Sunday afternoon I would still go with my mum for grocery shopping. I remember how I would beg my mum for things and if I didn't get it I would go bad-mood-mode. And my mum would scold me heh. On Sunday nights, those are the study-licious nights. Cause Monday is the next day and somehow I wouldn't just do my homework on Saturday, but Sunday night.

So those were my childhood weekend. Wonderful isn't it? Unlike now, every weekend I have to study, or I'll be pre-occupied with some things. Sometimes I would ask where have all these beautiful bliss go to? Life were so much simpler, sweeter and wonderful back then. Well now it's not as sweet as those days. But nevertheless I long for the day where these memories will be re-lived, re-captured, and replayed :)

No comments: