Saturday 16 April 2011

Time flies

Right here I am blogging again as I said in the afternoon. The reason I wanna blog is that I'm going back tomorrow :/ So as usual I would blog, if you haven't realised heh. Anyway yep. I hate myself for procrastinating. Wanted to blog at 11:48 (stated time) but now it's 2:24 AM and I just blogged. Nevertheless here we go!

I'm both sort of "lazy" and excited to go back tomorrow. I guess my holiday is awesome, so it's pretty hard for me to try and go back to reality. But anyway c'est la vie, there's no way the days can remain as holidays, can't they? Lazy in a sense yes, I want a longer holiday and excited cause it's... Year 2! It's research baby :D

Can't believe that one year has passed by so quickly. I'll be a year 2 student starting on Monday onwards. And well it's pretty much exciting and heartbreaking to sort of moved forward to year 2. My result in last sem wasn't something I expected. But I told myself I won't let that be something that will hold me back. I'll work harder, I know that.

Research is pretty interesting as well. I've found out what we'll be learning this semester. Some modules sound scary, others quite interesting like pharmacology! OCRM sounds hmm, threatening heh. But never mind, shall work equally hard for every module, maybe some harder. I'm hoping to brace year 2 smoothly and joyfully. Hope year 2 is as good, or better than year 1 :)

So my holiday has come to an end. I feel that this holiday has been an awesome one :D Not only that I did quite lots of things, activity-wise, I also travelled to Central Java for a trip! It's pretty lonely in a sense my cousins weren't here, but thankfully my aunts were here for a few days in the first week as well. It's kind of a pity that the holiday wasn't long enough for me :/

But hey look on the bright side! June is coming soon and I'll be going back again anyway, even though the dreaded exams are around the corner, AKA after the June holidays (I don't know who came up with that brilliant idea). And I may even go back on the 30th cause my aunts are going to Pelabuhan Ratu, so was thinking of going together with them, plus 1st May is holiday :D

Oh well as ironic as life can be, we always want time to fly as slowly as possible when we're having fun. And to fly quickly when times are boring. But well time flows like how it will flow. No human can control how fast time flies. One can only feel that time flies more quickly/slowly, but never be able to make time fly quickly.

I've not been feeling so "not-excited" about going back. Usually in the past, something is happening after I go back to Singapore. Like the O-level result, sec 4 year (AKA O Level), my concert and more. But now... Not sure why I feel so crappy to go back. But usually I feel crappy too heh, who doesn't feel such way when leaving your hometown after a holiday uh?

Anyway, I've written 9 writing topics this holiday. Say hello to my OCD-ness, I shall write another one to make it a nice 10!

Holiday writing topic #10 - Mind

In year 1, and in this holiday, I've learnt something. I've learnt that you mind is a powerful thing. It's more powerful then your strength, your body, and it's what control you. I'm a firm believer of believing in yourself-theory. Like I said once, if you think you can, you will and if you think you can't, then you won't. I have proven this, and I'm going to carry it with me to year 2.

There are some situations, which I told myself - I'm challenging my mindset, I'm challenging______ (fill in the blank). And in myself, I told myself that yes, I'm challenging this. And somehow somewhat, the situation is really challenged and it goes the way I want it to be. You may call it co-incidence, luck, probability etc. But I firmly believe, it's yourself.

I was talking to my uncle about this. And he was telling me something about this as well. You may know it as the law of attraction, or more different things. I call it the mind. The mind is a powerful thing. If you firmly believe in something, and you always have a certain mindset, then your life, or a situation will revolve around that mindset.

It's like what I've learnt in the FLP camp. The paradigm. Our lives revolve in the paradigm that we set in ourselves. If we firmly believe in one thing, then our lives will revolve around that thing. But sadly, whether that thing is good or bad, it lies within time, and the impact we left on others, and the situation itself.

Okay so that's all for today. But this is what I'm going to carry with me all year long, or in fact, all life-long. I'm going to have a positive mindset about everything. I want to make the best out of every situations. I will try to always look on the bright side of things. For to every negative things, there will always be something positive lurking behind it.

It's all up to us, whether we wanna find it or not.

No comments: