Wednesday 27 April 2011

Ganbatte Concert!

Music is a freedom.
Photography by Yours Truly
Freedom of everything. Of anything

Hello! OMG I just performed in the Ganbatte concert for Japan and it's freaking awesome! I really really love the ending. I think it was just.... GRAND. And happening! I really love the response that we get from the audience. It's just so uplifting and nice and... Aww! Haha. This is what I love about being a musician - the happiness I get from the audience :D

Anyway reported to SPCC just now at 3, some people were late... Oh well. Rehearsed till 5 PM or so. An Chun was so funny when conducting just now! :P Anyway dinner-ed at 6 plus, I went to change first though. And reported back to the convention centre at 6.30. The funny thing was... I wasn't feeling nervous or scared before the performance. Only until Mr Chiang came onto the stage :O

But... I think the concert was awesome! I love the last 4 songs especially! As I previously said it's my first time accompanying a singer in a band. So it was really an interesting experience :D And I love Do Enka Medley! Cause I am familiar with the songs there (except the first one). I used to listen to them while in P6-Sec 1 era.

However... We Are The World! That is like the boomz! I really enjoyed playing the song with the band. Just so lively and nice. The arrangement is also awesome in a sense that it starts with a daunting and mysterious melody (like the earthquake) and then with a lively bang! It's a very spirited song. And once again, I love the response from the audience very very much!

Honestly speaking I've never donated a single cent for Japan, since the earthquake started. However, I hope that performing in tonight's concert just now can be a form of "donation" I can give for Japan. I feel donation doesn't just mean money. It all comes back to heart. Your prayers, your wishes, in one way or another will reach the people and heart of Japan! :)

And to the new committee of the band, I think you guys have done a wonderful job! Sadly some people didn't do what's told by all of you but seriously, you guys did a great job :)

Alright, I've lots of things to do tonight! Hope can finish them in like 2 hours.... Alrighty see ya all! Have a good rest to the band members :)

This is why I love music, why I love music.

No comments: