Thursday 10 May 2012

Finish line?












 Yesterday's sunrise. So pretty

It's Thursday once again! And it's been an awesome one I guess. And a tiring one as well. Mentally. Well this is not the first time this is happening to me. You know the usual brain-frying experience you get from reading too many articles that are confusing and difficult to digest. But oh well. I can do this! Why can't I right? Need to plan, a workflow, a flow where I can flow through and so on. Gonna be lovely.

It's all in the mind :)

After work I went to band as usual. Met Chris first for dinner, I finally had the new KFC double down! It's so divinely.... Fattening. But once in a while. Plus I just want to eat it to give it a try as I've been wanting to eat it! Haha. Well after first try, okay that will be a double down for the next long long time. It's really good though heh. Cause I'm less of a bun person but more of a meat person. Ask my friends, they should get it.

Cause I eat burgers part by part! The bun first, then the meat.

Band was great. And tiring. An Chun was teaching us techniques about breathing and listening and it's really fun haha. I think he can be a great conductor/instructor one day. And I can't believe it but I PLAYED 1812!!! When I first heard that song back in sec one or something like that, I wished there's a "simplified" band version of this song but. NO. We're playing the real deal haha. It was really... Tiring. But such a great piece. Plus it's from one of my favourite composers Tchaikovsky :)

It will really be a great piece for MD. A great and brilliant peace to end this journey that I've been traveling with and venturing about. Yes I know, I might not be continuing band after poly. I will let fate decide. But as much as I can be, I'll continue it. I might end this journey, but my love for music will never cease till I die. That's a promise. No, that's my life heh.

Somehow it's quite funny that these few days I've been realising that well, things are coming to an end. My poly life that is. FYP, IBM, MD XXXVI, year 3, school, being a station master in band camp and so on. Nothing lasts forever, we all know that. Though these "physical" things might come to an end, and will surely come to an end, the memories, the lessons, the JOURNEYS, will never end.

Like a foetus in the womb who can't stay forever inside his mother's uterus, everything will one one day come to an end, like a pregnancy. And like life. But some things will remain. Be it inside us, or continue to remain in the inside of someone. Okay the first sentence was taken from a video in Youtube about Tibetan sky burial. Hehe. I'm just using it as an example here.

It's like a race we've been running through. Perhaps, say a 10 KM run, and now we're at the 7th-8th KM mark? Or even like the 1KM mark. And we can see the finishing line. All we have to do us to keep on running to reach it. It might be tiring after the 9 KM we've ventured. But at the end, you know this race will be a great one for you. Though you leave with bittersweet memories, you have it with yourself, stories of victories. In this great race we run.

Part of me wish for time to fly faster. Part of me wish time to fly slower. I'll let time fly, I can't control it. All I want is for it to fly meaningfully in this last 9 months I have in polytechnic (minus the acad-year end holiday). And for it to fly meaningfully, only I can do it.

Good night.

No comments: