Wednesday 30 May 2012

Decision

 We all want to go
With the breeze, we will blow

Today was an awesome Thursday....! Yes somehow I feel that today was a Thursday -_- I don't know why but I kept on telling myself that it's Thursday and since I have to do something on Friday I kept on telling myself that I have to do it tomorrow. It was only when Candy and Kai brought up the fact that it's Thursday tomorrow that I realised oh it's a Wednesday.

Not sure if I'm growing old or... I don't know.

Totally enjoyed today's pizza-lunch treat from Dr Simon with my fellow DBS research people who are in school :D There were only like 8 of us, and I miss the 16 of us. Being in the exchange today really made me miss that place a lot. It's like literally our second home for last semester, since we've been using that for our classroom and were only required to move out of there when there's lab or Biostat.

Projects, discussions with friends, lunch when FCs are full, breakfast, early morning sessions before class starts, studying session with Candy, presentations. Oh man I really miss The Exchange! Haha. Nevermind soon I will come back there. And I even heard that the place is going to be even better ^^ So can't wait to see the revamped exchange eh.

Anyway it was really a great chit chat session the 8 of us had with Dr Simon, Mr Lui and Miss Kwek. Talking about lots of stuff from being a vegetarian to researchers and careers and so on. Great to have laughters and chatters once again I guess. Since most of us are now doing ITP either alone or pairs so... Yeah can get pretty lonely no?

After work today I went to have Starbucks with Candy! Cause I owe the 5 of them Starbucks and promised to treat them if I win the International Friendship Day Photography Competition. And I did win the  consolation prize so I owe them a drink. So I don't owe Candy anymore! Hehe. Then Jon came and we were talking about apps haha. So cool, but IT is never my forte I suppose :P

That's all for the day and we went off in the end :) A good 2 hours chat really made me happy. Thanks to the two of you! :)

Well somehow at the end of the day I was feeling really sulky again. Somehow. Felt like I don't want to do anything. In fact it took me like 40 minutes to get up and bathe. Since I was just lazying around in bed. But the call my sis made just now really made my day. So thank you (Y). I'm just tired perhaps. And yes I kinda miss home (especially the food!).

It's the Wednesday syndrome I suppose.

Sometimes all I need after a long day is to take a longer bus route home, or to have a long walk, or just purposely walk a bit longer home. Many people would want to rush home so that they can get a good rest. But it is these longer walks and solitary times that sort of made me happier :l And calmer and more relaxed. That's why I believe at times, Loneliness gives me happiness.

Alright that's all for now. I'll see you again! :)

No comments: