Saturday 5 May 2012

The path in life

 Today's sunset. Weird in a beautiful way.
Or is it beautiful in a weird way?
Whatever it is, it ends this beautiful day

Today I was watching Project Runway Season 8 Finale! Oh man I agree with the judges that... The three finalists are really really good. And that Gretchen and Mondo are two very very talented finalists and that they deserve the position. But Andy is nice too. If I were the judge I'll be very confused as well haha. But I choose Mondo though. I love his designs and boldness! He won the all-star challenge (not aired in Singapore yet I think). So good for him! :)

Anyway while it was Andy's turn for the runway show, the song he used for his collection caught my ears. It is so beautiful, relaxing and totally suit his show (and his collection!). Knowing he gained his inspiration from where he comes from (Laos) the song really suits it! It's nice, Asian-feel, relaxing and just wonderful. And so thanks to the power of internet, I Googled it and... I FOUND THE SONG!



It's titled The Prayer (Chanting Inner Peace) by Ketsana! Well I found out that she's a Laotian artist and man, I really love this song. Wish I can buy her CD one day (hopefully in Singapore!) cause this song is really beautiful. And I hope to hear more songs from her hehe. If this is nice, I think the rest will be good as well! :)

I love Asian chilout songs. Like Huong Vietnam by My Phuong Nguyen and Thiery David, Sacral Nirvana by Oliver Shanti, and then Ketsana's song, the above one, my latest addition! I don't know but they give me a nice vibe and feeling. Perhaps it's the exotic feeling, or the effect of the song that transfers me to a place. And that's if I know the artist origin of course. Or what the song reminds me, or tells me of.

But this song, is special. When I first heard the full song on Youtube, it makes me sad. Yet at the same time, melancholic and just a mixed feeling of sadness, happiness and calm. Okay so when I close my eyes and listen to this song, I feel like I'm sitting on this grass field, my legs crossed and folded. And then in front of me is the sea, crashing waves, the sea breeze. An orange sky with a bluish hue. The wind blows softly onto my face and I feel at bliss. That's what this song tells me. The scene it gives me.

Yet at the same time I feel sad too. I don't know why. It's kind of like Sacral Nirvana. It gives me a tinge of sadness, though full of joy and also calmness. Well... Music is really funny. It evokes a thousand different emotions and lets you do things you can never do. Like transporting you somewhere else, without making a move. Right?

I guess I just need a good break. A good getaway that lets me stop thinking about life. How good will that be! I'm waiting for the day.

Alright enough thoughts for tonight. I planned an awesome I-don't-wanna-do-anything-Saturday and sure I didn't do anything heh. Besides going to Orchard to collect my cousin's lappy (which is now working fine!) and being a vegan today! Hahaha. Yup I successfully accomplished my plan of being a vegan on this Vesak day. Look at what I cooked for dinner today!



It's my favourite T-C-M soup. Not Traditional Chinese Medicine but Tofu-Carrot-Mushroom soup haha. With vegetable stock of course :) So yummy.

Okay ciao and have an awesome Sunday everyone! :)

"Sometimes life already gives us a path. And when we choose to get out of it, in one way or another, that's when things get wrong. Well. Everything happens for a reason"

No comments: