Sunday 6 May 2012

Sunday night

A taste of home, away from home

I hate this feeling. I guess, it's the Sunday night feeling. The feeling of knowing you have work tomorrow. That the weekend is over and another week is waiting. Well I guess everyone will have this feeling on Sunday nights. Unless you really love your job that you hate the weekend. Which I think is something rather impossible of happening. But anyway, as Buddha says, the mind is everything and what we think we become. The more you dread the new week the more horrible your week will be! So be happy~

But anyway yes, I don't know why buy I'm feeling rather emo just now. Just out of a sudden. Perhaps it's my monthly PMS period. It's the hormones playing tricks in my body. Perhaps it's the song that I found yesterday (look below, on the previous day post). Been listening to it and well it makes me sad. But it's so good! I keep on listening to it haha.

And recently I've just re-discover my love for Sarah Brightman's Harem album! I bought it again cause I think the album is lost somewhere in my house back in Indo. Somewhere there. So I decided to buy a new one (and thankfully it was like the last one on the shelf!) and sigh, brings back memories and I really love Sarah Brightman. She's beautiful, her voice is beautiful and the songs are beautiful. Beautiful beautiful beautiful heh.

I remember that time... I think it was secondary 1 or 2 when my dad always play the song in the car when we go out. And there was a time when we went to Pelabuhan Ratu, and there was no CD except for Harem. So we played it throughout our journey and it was really pleasant :) So these songs remind me of those days. The first time I fell in love with her songs.

Music and memories, are like cookies and cream.

Especially the song "Beautiful" from the Harem album. The lyric goes like:

If you can depend, on certainty 
Count it out and weigh it up again
You can be sure
You've reached the end

And still you don't feel  

Do you know, you're beautiful?
You are, yes you are, yes you are

If you can ignore, what you've become
Take it out and see it die again
You can be here
So who's a friend
And still you don't feel 

I love the 2nd verse a lot. I don't know but the words are really special and unique. If you can ignore what you've become, take it out and see it die again. Well if only we can do that. Take out what we hate from us now, and go back to what we used to be. But of course we can't. I mean we can change, but not in a snap of a finger.

Then comes the chorus which goes like: Do you know, you're beautiful? I think it goes to show like how much we have to embrace us, ourselves, as of who we are. We're all imperfect creatures. There's part of us we hate and part of us we love. But these imperfections are the ones that make us human. Human without imperfections... Are not human heh.

Alright I guess that's all for now. I'm meeting Nivedha for breakfast tomorrow so gonna head to bed now! See you all and have a great week ahead! And here's to an awesome week-4 of my attachment! :)

It's all in the mind. I can do this :)

No comments: