Tuesday 1 May 2012

TGILD

Life is a merry-go-round....
Or merry-go-swing in this case

TGILD - Thank God It's Labour Day!

Yes it's labour day today so meaning I have no work! Hehe. It's a day off for me... But oh well having a day off, I still got to do some work! Nevermind, I'd rather have an active holiday anyway hehe. Plus it's my plan for doing work today and... I did it...! Not to my expectation but oh well, I'm continuing today! :) I mean now, there's only one more hour to today haha.

Well the reason why I failed was because I fell asleep last night and I so I didn't wake up early today -.- In fact I overslept by 3 hours! I woke up at 12 :( Oh man that three hours could make a big difference! But what's done is done so I didn't waste anymore time, woke up, got lunch from Holland and I planned to start work by 3! And yes I did and was reading stuff till 6. And now I'm left with the other half.

Which is a lot.

But anyway yeah, I have a tendency not to be disciplined by... Laying down on my bed after I eat and then I'll watch TV for 30 minutes which then could drag till 3 hours. Hahaha. Not today I'm sorry. And yeah so it's awesome!

Anyway today's evening sky was really lovely. I waited for rain from 2 PM. And it finally rained at 6! The sky was so dark then, it felt like it was 7. I was busy typing stuff that I didn't realise it was 7. And when I looked outside the window the sky was in this... Mysterious orange and purplish hue and it looks really nice. Too bad it was really dark and I didn't manage to get a good shot.

But one glance to that view... I got this deja vu all of a sudden. Like as if I've seen the sky before. Then I remember I once saw a scene, like this when I was young. Maybe in P5 or P6. Similar thing. It was raining, and the sky was reddish in colour, the smell of rain filled the air, and I was looking at it from my window. It's quite funny isn't it?

Then I came up with this:

Today's evening sky, a view I've never seen
Yet it gives me a nostalgia, of a day I once been
A particular evening when I was young
And memories meant nothing to me
Yet now, I think it seems funny
That a small thing can spark my memory
Of a meaningless day, I once lived 

Well I really love the last 3 lines. It's quite true how small things can spark my memory now. Be it a sight, a smell or a sound. Reminds me of a particular space, a particular place and time I once been. No matter how special or how meaningless that particular memory is. To me a  memory is a memory. It is a still a part of your life that once passed by. And to remember that piece of memory... It's just... Special.

I guess the saying "You don't know how much a piece of moment is worth until it becomes a memory" is very true. We tend to just not treasure every moment, love everyday, and do something with all our heart. We only have a one way ticket to life. We can't go back to another moment just to relive it.

Well unless, we travel with our memories to relive them.

No comments: