Tuesday 27 December 2016

Celebrate

This is sort of a continuation of my post about traveling. But I'm not gonna talk about traveling again, more of life in general. Okay so like I said in my post, about how we should all create how we want to "live our life to the fullest", I came across with this thought. You see we all have the tendency that a great life is one where we have no problems etc. Well in one way it's true, but it will never happen.

I mean problems and challenges are what makes our life so interesting and adventurous. Can you imagine a life where it is so smooth, so easy and just a boring walk in the park. A park with no bumps, no road-turns, no this and that. This is why I came up with the thought that maybe living life to the fullest is not all about the glitter and gold, and all the wonderful things we imagine it to be.

Living life to the fullest to me means celebrating every moment that we experience. Okay obviously we don't celebrate the passing of someone, or someone's misfortune. But what I mean is that we live every moment to the fullest. In good moments, we treasure and we enjoy them while they last. In bad moments, we learn from them and we move on. I know it sounds ridiculous to "enjoy" bad moments, but this year I've had my fair share of these moments, and I learned a lot from them!

See, learning from bad moments is a way we can celebrate them. 

I was talking to someone once about how much she doesn't enjoy her life. Problems after problems, and she wasn't enjoying her job (yet she doesn't want to find a new one). She was telling me how she envies other people who seem to have a better life than her, and how they are "living their life" while she's here stuck in a life she doesn't seem to enjoy, and can't seem to change.

So I told her that she shouldn't fall into the lure that of just because someone is having a "better life" than her, will instantly mean that they are happy and so on. We all have our own fair share of happiness and sadness. And there's no way we can redefine our own just by "transferring" someone's happiness to us. And we can all change our lives, it all falls down to whether we want to or not.

So yeah, we should celebrate every moment of our lives. The tough ones and the happy ones. If you remember that nothings lasts forever, you'll realise that every moment is worth celebrating about. And celebration doesn't always refer to glitz and glamour. It can also mean quiet contemplation and melancholic reflection. In times of triumph we savour the moment before it's gone. And in times of adversity we can learn and grow stronger. Celebrate every moment. 

Or more like... Celebrate whatever that we can earn from it.

No comments: