Monday 19 December 2016

V-ailed

I have failed myself. I am no longer a vegan ahaha. I am now back with being a vegetarian. Well basically I decided back in the beginning of December to try going vegan for the month of December. I thought it was easy, it was just something I want to try. Also I had quite a horrible pimple outbreak on my face. It was so bad that I couldn't wear my glasses because I have two stupid pimples which was located right where my glasses is resting (that bridge between the two frames).

I read about how dairy is a huge risk factor of causing pimples so... Yeah, I wanted to try if a vegan diet could help reduce this. And it actually did! So far I have no new pimples popping. My pimples have burst and are getting smaller. Face is also clearing up. But halfway through my journey (last Saturday) I decided to stop becoming vegan but becoming an ovo-vegetarian. No dairy, but yes eggs.

And today I fell into the temptation of a chocolate bread which I'm sure uses milk/cream T_T

Okay maybe I'm really not ready to become a vegan. It's so funny and weird how giving up meat was so so easy for me. Not sure why giving up dairy and eggs seems so difficult. Personally I don't consume milk. It is its products that I can't seem to avoid. Like butter, cream, which is used in cakes and stuff. And even during this year I've been avoiding dairy. Unless I'm really stuck with it. I have stopped drinking dairy drinks like milk tea and yoghourts. I rarely cook with butter either.

This whole dairy/egg consumption is still a debate. Yes I am aware that it still causes animal suffering. Some people believe that it's okay to consume them because we don't kill the animals to get them. But also their production causes suffering to other animals. The cow whom we get our milk from feels pain. They are impregnated continuously just to get their milk. Their children are being taken away after days to  either be slaughtered as veal or to just be killed and discarded.
 
In eggs factories, if a chick hatched turns out to be a male, it will be chopped and killed instantly. Cause apparently it is money-wasting to rear them till they are adults. I am aware of such acts. But I wonder if we do all these in Indonesia. What I know from chicken farms is that male-chickens will be sent to another farm where they'll be processed for their meat :( They won't be discarded right away.
 
Being vegan means you do not want to contribute to any animal suffering. Being a vegetarian means you do not want to kill animals for your food. I think that's where the line is drawn. I still want to be a vegan though. Maybe not now, but eventually I will. As of now, I'm just gonna avoid eggs and dairy.

No comments: