Friday 30 December 2016

That Year

A couple of years back. And when I mean a couple I mean a decade ago haha, I wondered what life will be when all of my siblings are married. Back then it was just a simple pondering question. It was nothing serious to think about, after all we were still young back then. Nothing shouts at my face that my siblings are getting married. I wondered how life will be, and how everything would feel.

Well back then the future wasn't something I was thinking about. After all I was still in secondary one, and my siblings are still studying (except for my brother). But you know, the inquisitive me, I like to wonder about things. Now that all of my siblings are married adults, I suppose this is how it feels like?

My siblings have all moved out and live in their own houses now. It feels so surreal to think that there's only my parents and I left in the house. It feels so surreal whenever I stare at both of my parents while we're having lunch/dinner. Of course, I mean this is life. It always moves on and things are always changing. And of course I feel happy for my siblings for getting together with their partners and for moving into their own houses. It's just that.... Everything just felt so surreal.

Every year that I'm back here seems to tell me more and more that I've made the right decision of going back home. Although I was filled with doubts back then, I knew I made the right choice. Perhaps something big is coming up for me. I don't know. No one knows really. 

So yeah. 2016 is that year. It is the year that I was pondering about a decade ago.

Feels crazy isn't it.

No comments: