Tuesday 20 December 2016

China Roses


The above is a title to one of my favourite songs by Enya. I could still remember the first time that I listen to it back 13 years ago from her album Paint The Sky With Stars. It's so beautiful! Now whenever I look at stars, I'm always reminded of this song because of the lyric "Moonlight Holly, The Sapho Comet". I don't know why but yeah. Maybe it's the comet reference. Or maybe it's because I used to listen to the album every night before I sleep on my sister's discman when I was young!

Anyway today we are very blessed to have a clear day. The sky was blue and the sun was shining so beautifully. And the night was clear as well. The stars were glittering and the hometown lights are scattered below. It's so amazing because err it's been raining every single day for the past ______ weeks here. It's been so long since I saw such a clear night sky.

I love astronomy since I was young. I've always been intrigued by the stars and moon and planets and the universe. I even got the Young Scientist badge in Astronomy in P6 okay, so don't play play haha. My knowledge regarding space is pretty limited. But I can point out some constellations haha.

And my love for astronomy is derived from Enya of course. Lots of her songs have stars reference to them so they make me imagine a lot about the universe. I love staring at the starry night sky. They always make me both curious and comfortable to think that we are not alone in this universe. Well for me that is, I believe that there is a life out there. May not be humans, may be in other forms.

I mean don't you feel the same when you look at the gazillion of stars out there? 

I've always wondered if we'll ever discover other life forms out there. And I wonder if we can do so when I'm still alive. Maybe when I've died I'll be able to know everything. Alright just another random post about stars and universe, in the mean time enjoy the beautiful song! :)

No comments: