Wednesday 7 December 2016

Learning Style

Okay I have seriously nothing much to talk about today, so here's a writing prompt!

Learning style - What's your learning style? Do you work better in groups, or alone? Do you retain information through lectures, books, or visuals? 

Okay sadly I'm not a student anymore. Well I am now officially a student of life mwahaha. But well lets talk about my learning style back in secondary school and poly days. I am definitely a visual learner. But I am also an aural learner for some subjects. For sciences, I study best using visuals. For humanities I study best by repeating myself (from the notes I made). For Maths, I practice like crazy.

Since secondary school I've always used mind-maps as my learning tool. I like to make connections from the things and information that I'm learning. I find it much easier and more "logical" to study this way. After making mind maps I would then read them on the way home, on the way to school, when I'm free, and before the exams they would be inside me already. And that's when I talk to myself.

I remember for History and SS O Levels, I did a "presentation" to myself in front of the mirror about Hitler, Globalisation, Stalin and so on haha. I remember on the way to school I was mumbling to myself and during O Levels, everything came out just like how I would tell a story on a piece of paper.

That's all from school.... How about now?

I learn through habit and experiences haha. I think I have learned a lot from school. How to process information, how to handle this information and utilise them. And the biggest take away that I am applying now in life is how to apply new experiences and methods and habits into my daily life.

If in school our goal is to study, learn and get good grades for our examinations, I feel that in life our goal is how to become better every year, month, week, and even day. There's a problem? Find solution, solve. Something is weird every day? Think of solution, change. Until one day we found a fantastic rhythm to our lives and we just get better and better everyday. It's difficult. But we can do it.

Like they say, LIFE stands for Living It Fully Everyday. Cheesy but true.

No comments: