Sunday 11 December 2016

Wallet

 My humble wallet

This is a really really random post. So I was clearing my table just now when I saw my old wallet. Well it's not really old, it's my previous wallet. My brother in law's mum got me a new wallet and I've been using that wallet since March I think. However this wallet of mine above, my previous wallet, I've been using it since 2009! Can you believe it, seven years long. It's been with me for that long.

I can still remember buying it in Jakarta. It was during the December holiday after my O Levels. I decided to get a new wallet for a celebratory purchase haha. I can even still remember buying it at Point Break World. Ever since I entered poly, I feel "lazier" to get new things. Perhaps I was busier to notice all these desires to get new things. Or I've realised the redundancy to get new things.

But well this wallet of mine, I feel like I have some sort of connection with it. I mean... It's been with me together for 7 years. Wherever I go, it'll go with me. I tap my EZ link card on the bus and MRT with it. I buy things with it. I put my house key inside its coin compartment and so on. So many great memories. I can't leave home without it (except for special occasions of course).

I've always felt that we tend to forget how fast time could fly. And it is the small things that always remind us of that fact. Like my wallet! It's simply just a wallet. A dead, inanimate object. Yet it fills myself with so many memories and lots of random thoughts about the past 7 years of my life.

I have a new wallet now and I love it. Cause it has less compartments, since I no longer need them (no more student IC, EZ link, ATM card and house key). I hope to use it for as long, or longer, as my previous wallet. And perhaps in the future, I wonder what memories I'm going to have with it.

No comments: