Sunday 11 October 2020

Books books

Books books books

So one of my 2020 resolutions is to actually read more books. My plan was to read one book a month, and that's a total of 12 books. I know, this isn't a lot but for someone who rarely reads nowadays (which is sad, I know), that's an achievement hahaha. One of the reasons for having this resolution is because I bought a lot of books back when I was in Singapore in September last year, and in January. I also ordered a few books that I wanted to read. So yes I thought to myself I better clear my list!

However I didn't manage to do this resolution hahaha. But, I managed to read this many books in the past 3 months! I started reading back near in the Lebaran holidays I think, cause I had some free time so I decided to start. I read a lot of Buddhist books, which was really enjoyable and enlightening. And yup I read these books in the past three months ish. I recently finished another book (Yuval Harari's Sapiens) and I still have 3 more books to read. And no books left in my list haha.

Wait oh dear I still have some books with my sister!

Anyway the reason why I started reading is the same reason as journaling/blogging. I want to spend less screen time, be it watching videos or scrolling through my social media. I set aside one hour everyday for reading books. It's not a lot, compared to those days in Singapore where I would finish a book in 3-7 days, now I finish one book (depending on pages) in about 7-10 days heh. 

But it's been an enjoyable new activity. Especially when the books I read are very enlightening and mind-blowing. I kept a word document with all the wonderful quotes and passages from the books - which brings me to my next point, about my book discussion series!

Okay I'm not going to talk about every book I read, just a few of them which really left me awed and mind-blown. Just my thoughts and ideas about the book, together with my favourite quotes and passages. I will begin soon I guess, hopefully when I don't have a lot of work haha.

Alright that's all for now, wishing you a great week ahead! 

No comments: