Friday 30 October 2020

Years Don't Lie


Today is a special day, cause PREP released their self-titled debut album today! I gave it a listen last night and boy I am in love. It is such a fantastic and smoooooth debut album indeed. The three months of waiting has finally come to an end and it's definitely worth the wait. Now I'm just waiting for the vinyl!

Well I might be biased because I'm a huge fan of PREP and I love their music but this is definitely my album of the year. Okay maybe a tie with Kinnship Commensality haha. To me this album has really shown another side of PREP that the band seem to be hiding in secret all these years haha. The album has a mix of upbeat, slow, chill songs and to me this versatility is really what make PREP stand out. Yet every song has that "PREP signature" that make us connect with the band.

I would describe the music in the album as full of melancholy. It makes you feel nostalgic and warm and fuzzy inside. It's kind of like a time machine, bringing you back to a certain sweet moment in your life. And the song above, so far, is my favourite from the album. Even though it's so hard to pick one! I think this song speaks a lot to me. It makes me feel a connection to a lost feeling that I've been searching. It just makes me feel good. And the video is awesome too!

Anyway I've been a fan of PREP for 5 years now. I'm usually someone who discovers an artist/band late into their releases (like 2-3 years after their debut) but not for PREP! I discovered them on YouTube from their song Cheapest Flight and I just love all of their songs so far all these years. I was thinking that they might be releasing another EP this year but it turns out to be an album whooop!

Alright I'm going to enjoy the weekend listening to this album now. I hope you give it a listen too! Have a fantastic and PREP weekend mwahaha. Congratulations to PREP on the release of your fantastic debut. Thank you for the great music in these crazy times really.

No comments: