Friday 2 October 2020

Mid Autumn

Right so yesterday was the 15th of the 8th Lunar month of the Rat year, which means it's Mid-Autumn festival! It was a great day even though I was having severe headaches towards the night (thus I wasn't blogging last night). Feeling much better now after mum gave me kerokan last night haha. As usual, Mid-Autumn is always a day where I feel old. Now even older, cause I'm now watching my nephews and nieces play around. It feels like yesterday when it was me and my cousins! Hah.

It was sadly a rather cloudy evening yesterday so the moon wasn't very bright. But it did show up beautifully towards the midnight. Also if it wasn't for my stupid headache I would have enjoyed the night more. I probably was having a severe masuk angin yesterday. Cause I spent the whole Wednesday night staying up waiting for the water to be filled, with all of my windows opened. So yeeah.

Well this year's Mid-Autumn, just like every other celebrations we have this year, felt rather off. Perhaps it's the pandemic, or my condition. But yeah it just feels weird. But I'm thankful we still manage to celebrate it nevertheless. It isn't much of a celebration actually, we just do some prayers.

By the light of the harvest moon, beneath the heavens, I pray that the pandemic will come to an end soon. And that everyone infected will have a speedy recovery. And may we all go through this whole pandemic in health and in safety. It's been a tormentous year for all of us indeed. 

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. 

No comments: