Saturday 3 October 2020

Mooncakes mooncakes

Okay today's post will be a short and sweet one, and it's a mooncakes review! Mwahaha. Well I am blessed with a lot of vegan mooncakes this year from my aunt, sisters, and cousin. So I reckon I should make a mooncakes review of some sort haha. Just a quick and short one!


So my sister gave me a vegan mooncake (bottom left) and my eldest gave me the one on top. It's quite difficult to find vegan ones, well not difficult, you just have to look for it haha. So thankful for them to give me this! I tried the lotus paste one and it's so fragrant. I think they added banana essence. 


The white one is a special kind of mooncake. I don't know how to say it in English but in Indonesia it's similar to another pastry called kue sangko. It's so pretty I don't wanna break it haha. Well spoiler alert I did break off a small piece from the top haha. And yes it's definitely not your ordinary mooncake.


My aunty surprised me with a nice and delightful snowskin mooncake from Bekasi! Usually I get them from Jakarta but due to Corona I couldn't get them this year so yes, I'm happy I still get to eat them this year haha. It's vegan and gluten free too. Very generous filling inside (see below).


The filling consists of nuts like walnuts, pumpkin seeds and sesame seeds. The taste isn't extremely sweet (thank goodness, cause I don't like overly sweet ones). Pretty yum!


My cousin and his wife sent me a box of mooncakes too. There's a milk tea flavour and I realised there's milk powder inside it oops. But I still have it nevertheless hahaha. It has a very strong mocha flavour that I like. Couldn't taste much of the milk so I hope it's trace amount or something :P


Last but not least this is the mooncake I ordered for myself online haha. It's supposed to be the wu-ren style (five-nuts) but I feel there isn't much nuts inside? Also it leans towards a more pasty side heh. But they use pomelo inside the paste which makes the flavour really interesting! I kinda prefer a more savoury flavour of the wu-ren mooncake though. But this one leans towards more of the sweet side.

Alright that's all from me in this mini food review haha. I think I will do more of this along the way for Blogtober 2020. Just to add colour and life to this blog! Besides talking about food is always a good idea mwahaha. Alright I will see you again tomorrow. Hope you had some mooncakes!

No comments: