Friday 23 October 2020

Songbirds


Just finished reading this fantastic prequel to The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins last night and it's such an amazing book! I think it's such a wonderful prequel. If the trilogy lets us see The Hunger Games from a district member, this books lets us see it through the eyes of the Capitol, AKA the creator of the games. I still disagree with the games but.... I kinda understand why the Capitol wants it.

I won't talk about the story and please read it for yourself mwahaha. But essentially this is a story of how Snow became President Snow. I thought the capitol is really really evil but after reading this book they're VERY evil haha. But like I said, I see it through their eyes now. But I still disagree okay!

I feel that Snow and Sejanus (a character in this book) are both a manifestation of the constant battle between good and evil that we have in this world. How sometimes the good deeds we do may actually do more harm to others. And also how the bad deeds, even though in the most subtly evil way, may actually do good. But at the end of the day, we will never see what is good and bad because each and everyone of us see through a different lens. We're all in a different head, somehow.

The book is super exhilarating, with lots of twists and surprises. I hope that the book will be adapted into a two-part movie. I can totally imagine this as a movie and it'll be good mwahaha. I actually love The Hunger Games series. I managed to read the book (although just 1st and 3rd heh) and that's why I was so excited when I found out that Suzanne is releasing this prequel. And yup like mentioned in my previous post, this is probably my first fiction book in a long time!

And I think I should read more Fiction books now. Thinking of the Maze Runner series :P

Also reading this book inspires me to actually write a fictional story haha. Maybe I will do it as part of my blogtober series? I have a few ideas and storyline actually mwahaha.

Alright wishing you a happy weekend! :)

No comments: