Wednesday 14 October 2020

Fiction

As mentioned in my previous post, I've been reading lots of books in the past 3 months. I am currently reading the new book from the Hunger Games series "The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes" and it's been an enjoyable read thus far. I have also just come to a realisation that... I rarely read fiction books! I've been reading lots of Buddhist/Philosophy books all these years. Okay I did read Mitch Albom's The Timekeeper last time too. But mostly, they're all non-fiction books. I'm not sure why either actually.

But reading TBSS has really sparked my joy of reading fiction again. I think I should add more varieties to the books I read and not just read a specific genre haha. Anyway, not only did TBSS spark my joy of reading fiction, but also writing! I just realised that my O Level English Paper one was probably the last fictional story that I wrote. Since in poly we're writing more of reports and discussive essays.

I used to enjoy writing essays in English back then (no kidding). Especially in my upper secondary school days where I enjoy writing those one-word titled compositions. All thanks to Mrs Lee for sparking my interest in writing of course. And yeah, I have probably never written anymore fictional stories since then. And reading TBSS made me miss those days! Maybe I should start writing here.

So the last fictional essay I wrote was probably my EL paper one composition. I can still remember the title, it was "Power". And I wrote about this hmm bully? Basically a guy of power in a kingdom who was very corrupt, abusive and evil. He then got overthrown by his own people. As he got carried into his prison cell he shouted "You can't do this to me! I'm powerful!". Well he got consumed by his evil deeds that he didn't know what he was saying anymore. The end. Cool huh!

But now thinking about it's it's pretty lame ahaha.

Well yeah I just really miss those days where I write all these stories for my EL paper compositions. I wrote a lot of stories back then, with wonderful writings that I learned from reading many many storybooks back then. I think I should write them here on my blog too.

Alright that's all for this short random memory thought post. Will do more book discussions soon!

No comments: