Tuesday 4 October 2022

Awakening

So during the concert, JSJG performed a song that I heard for the first time. I didn't know the title of the song and asked Imee on Facebook. She said that the song is titled Awakening, and it's not recorded yet. They are just bringing the song live in their concerts. I decided to search on YouTube and discovered some videos of the song's performance. Thanks to Imee's "Sadhu for The Music" concert on YouTube, I found the lyrics to the song and oh my Buddha, it's so beautiful and amazing.

I'm just going to put it right here!

人生如梦 光阴似水 心念如电 烦恼如风

刹那不住 它是无常 它是苦聚 它是空性

它是无我 不足依恋 不足挂怀 只要放下

Okay let me try to translate the song to my best ability... But it goes something like this.

"Life is like a dream, moments flow like water.
Your emotions/feelings are like lightning/electricity, your troubles are like the wind
Moment/time do not stay. It is impermanent, it is suffering, it is emptiness
it has no self, it does no attach. So don't attach to it, just let go"

Okay I'm not sure if the "moment/time" part is accurate. But from Google Translate, 刹那 means moment. So I take it that it's time/moment. Nevertheless, the lyrics of the song is amazing. And the song is amazing too! Please look it up on YouTube. I hope they will record it and release it soon.

No comments: