Wednesday 12 October 2022

Falafel

Falafel, tahini sauce, hummus over brown rice.

Falafel is one of my favourite middle-eastern foods. It is a simple dish, yet delicious, hearty and nutritious too! It's high in protein, so that's a great source for us vegans haha. Well I've never tried making my own falafel as ahem ahem I'm too lazy to make one haha. Also I don't have a food processor to blend all those chickpeas. And sometimes I'm afraid that I won't flavour them well.

Last year I came across Falafel Plate on Instagram. They're a shop selling frozen ready-to-make falafel and recently they sell their hummus too. It's a family recipe and it's so yummy! The falafel comes in a paste form, so all you have to do is to form them into balls and cook them. It's very easy and hassle-free, and thank goodness Paxel is now available in my hometown, so they can send it within one day.

Oh yes Paxel is a delivery service where you're guaranteed a one-day delivery. I think some cities cater same day delivery. They're famous for food delivery, especially for shops who are out of town. So if my parcel is delivered on Thursday, they will arrive on Friday. And I think they have frozen storage too. Cause whenever I receive my packet, they're always cold. or sometimes still frozen!

Falafel plate also sells hummus and tahini paste. And gosh I've been obsessed with tahini ever since I bought it from them haha. I didn't know it's such a versatile ingredient. You can make sauces, salad dressing and even like sauces for noodles. I haven't tried the later but I've been making my own "white sauce" (like the Halal Guys) with tahini. Which is is just tahini, lemon juice, sugar, salt and water. It is so creamy and very addictive! I also made some salad dressing with it.

Alright that's all for today. If you're in Indonesia you should give em a try! :D

No comments: