Tuesday 25 October 2022

Daily Stoic

 Right talking about new habits, I have a new one since July. 

So one of my resolutions for 2022 is to actually learn more about Stoicism. Last year I finished reading Marcus Aurelius' Meditations and to be it's such an enlightening book. Ever since then I've been more interested to learn more about Stoicism. Actually I've been interested in it, that's why I got myself Meditations. So this year I decided to get myself the book "Daily Stoic" by Ryan Holiday!

It is basically a book with 366 daily Stoicism wisdom. I also got myself the Daily Stoic Journal, which is basically a 366 journal with daily prompts. I know I don't really like writing everyday but I decided to challenge myself this time round. Okay the thing is I ordered the book back in November I think? I was hoping that it'll arrive in January/Mid January ish as it takes 30-40 business day. And then like spam-journal for 11 days or so but... The journal arrived in March hah.

So I decided to do it in July as to celebrate me turning 30 hah. I've been doing it for 100 days now!

It's been going well so far. I usually journal 2 entries in one go (2 days once). I feel like it's a great daily exercise to talk about your mind, and to really give you space to ponder about life and its shenanigans. Okay maybe I should talk about Stoicism on another separate post!

But basically yes, it's a great new habit that I have been doing and it's awesome. 

See you tomorrow as we talk about Stoicism heh.

No comments: