Monday 3 October 2022

Sound of Peace

Imee Ooi and Kanho Yakushiji, Sound of Peace concert Jakarta

Right lets begin this blogtober with a very late post about a wonderful concert I went to in July!

So back on 23rd July, I finally attended the first live music concert since the pandemic. And I'm grateful that I break this "hiatus" with the beautiful Sound of Peace concert by Imee Ooi and Kanho Yakushiji, and also the JSJG group! I'd say it's a great concert to start from haha. Nice and slow pace. I was a bit apprehensive back then because back in July Indonesia was still in the BA5 wave. I was scared that the concert might get cancelled or something but nope. Everything went well!

I've been listening to Imee Ooi songs since... I don't know, my secondary school days? I think like many other Indonesian Buddhists, we are very familiar with her music especially her famous Chant of Metta. I've been wanting to catch her live! As for Kanho I discovered him back in 2018 I think. I can't remember. But I really love his rendition of the Japanese version of the heart sutra.

When I see the announcement of the show I was so ecstatic! This is such a huge concert where two powerhouses of Buddhist music join forces haha. I went to buy the ticket right away.

Full crew!

Anyway I won't go into details of the concert. It's just a beautiful concert. I feel like my ears, eyes, and heart have been blessed with their music. Especially after such a long long time. The visuals in the background were amazing, accompanying the wonderful music too. Imee's voice is so heavenly and Kanho is also an excellent performer with his band. And a new discovery is the JSJG group!

I'm thankful that I manage to go for the concert. And well, here's to more concerts in the future!

I definitely need to shake off these pandemic fatigue.

Thank you Imee Ooi, Kanho Yakushiji and JSJG for the wonderful concert! 

Hope to see you again soon here in Indonesia. 

No comments: