Friday 28 October 2022

Walking

Right another habit post! Since today is Friday. Okay this is not exactly a long habit but a new one actually. So recently my uncle and aunt has been doing this meditation exercise and they were recommending me to try and do it. I'm joining it to try and perhaps help with my insomnia. I did it last Sunday and I think I'm going to try to do it every weekend.

The problem is the exercise starts at 7 AM in the morning. And sometimes I find it difficult to wake up (duh!). But the thing is I was thinking of going to sleep at 2/3 AM, waking up at 7, join the exercise and then go back home at 9 and then sleep till 1/2 PM. So all in all I'll still get 7-8 hours of sleep. Back on Sunday I actually managed to sleep when I got home and it was such a deep deep slumber.

But somehow I can't sleep today hah. I ended up doing work until 1 PM and then falling asleep until 3 heh. But yes the sleep after the exercise is very very deep and I enjoy it. I wish I can get this quality of sleep every night haha. 

Back on the technique is called Ba Gua meditation. To me it is essentially walking meditation. And in my opinion walking meditation is one of the hardest to execute actually. Because not only you have to focus on your mind but also your walking. I am still learning about the technique today, my uncle and aunt is a pro already hah. So I'm hoping by continuing to do this weekly, I might improve.

And yeah that's my plan actually. I hope I can join the exercise every weekend. I can't do it on weekdays as I have things to do. And it's not practical to do it. But weekends are fine. I think it's a great thing to do to welcome your weekend with... Walking meditation.

Alright that's all from me again! Talk to you soon. Tomorrow.

No comments: