Thursday 13 October 2022

Buying Time

Okay this is another food related post but also something else that I want to talk about.

So this is a curry rice I made one night, using Japanese instant curry paste. And I wanted to add like a patty inside, you know like those Japanese curry rice with katsu on it. For the "katsu" I used Green Rebel's mushroom patty, which is one of my favourite products from them!

Oh yes Green Rebel is an Indonesian brand that sells alternative protein. They're truly vegan and vegetarian saviour haha. I love most of their products, but sadly they're not available in my hometown so I usually get them when I'm in Jakarta/Bandung. They sell a range of products from ready to eat meals, and also like chick'n karage, beefless steak and my favourite mushroom patty. To be honest I'm very proud of them as they're a local brand but now they've went international! 

SG and Malaysia friends you can find them in selected supermarkets I think.

Alright moving to on to the next topic. I once read an article... Or was it a video I forgot. But basically they're asking, what is the best thing you can spend your money on? Some people answer with experience, some with luxury (as it's something exclusive). But the most interesting answer I see is... 

Time. 

The person goes to explain that you can spend your money on time. For example, when you buy food in a restaurant/through a delivery app, you're saving time. When you use a delivery service (Gojek/Grab etc), you're buying time. When you hire a cleaner/house maker, you're buying time. And I thought that's an interesting concept. And I think innovation and technology has enabled us to do this.

Many people would say that we can't buy time. But ever since I come across this article, it really got me thinking. Some people also say things like instant food is not real food, or that we should cook food from scratch. But I guess it all depends and goes back to the different individual. To some of us, we really don't have the time to cook from scratch. So we opt for the instant route.

So yeah maybe we are able to buy time after all. Not literally of course. 

No comments: