Saturday 22 October 2022

The Rings of Power

Alright here we are now, I will talk about my thoughts about the series in general!

All in all I think TROP is a great series! As you can see in the past 4 posts, I love the script. I think it's amazing, I love the quotes by the characters. I love the chemistry of the characters as well. The cinematography is also very LOTR-ish. The sceneries and the camera work is amazing. Okay there are some cheesy scenes and kinda bad CGI but to me it's okay. It's not some dire thing

I think we can all say that there's a lot of (unnecessary) controversy to this series. From the casting of people of colours, to "not following the lore" and so on. First of all, I'm not a Tolkien scholar and neither do I read the books. But seriously? People are actually unhappy that there are actors of colour in this series? Like what? That is so ridiculous. I mean what is wrong with that?!

And the crazy part is that these actors actually receive harassments online. Why do we make it such a big deal is something I really cannot comprehend. It's a fantasy series in the end.

On another note, this series has made me feel like reading the books! Okay not the trilogy or The Hobits but other works by Tolkien like The Silmarillion and Unfinished Tales. Thanks to a wonderful TROP community on Twitter, I do have some recommended books to read. 

I think I will begin with The Silmarillion. 

It's so weird to no longer have something to watch to on Friday nights haha. And it's also tormentous to have to wait another 2 years (according to a news article I read) for the next season. But we're going to have 5 seasons so it's great! I hope the series will end with the war of the last alliance.

Alright I guess that's all for this week's theme! I'm thinking of what to write for next week hah.

No comments: