Monday 7 October 2019

Exhale

Alright I'm doing a Blogging Prompt for today. The title is Exhale!

Well I'm just gonna do a post about a new "habit" that I like doing nowadays. Even though I meditate everyday, and I focus on my breaths during my meditation, these days I like to "meditate" when I'm out and about - very simply put, I bring my awareness to my breath! Haha. It's a very easy thing to do, just stop whatever you're doing, take some deep breaths and continue. I think it helps a lot.

I read once that a great meditation master is able to meditate "everywhere". When they're walking, drinking, eating, driving (!!) and even sleeping. Errr haha. But I get what they they mean by this. It simply means that they are able to bring their awareness and consciousness to whatever they are currently doing. And if we can make this a habit, our lives will change really. It's a great exercise too.

In fact as Mingyur Rinpoche said, the easiest way for us to meditate is to just be aware that we are breathing. I think I talked about this once, but... When was the last time that you're conscious that you're breathing? I asked this question to myself once and I think the only time of the day where I'm conscious of my breathing is when I meditate haha. And thus I make it a habit to do these mini meditations throughout the day. Just telling myself "okay, you're breathing, keep going".

Sometimes it's quite scary to think that there are some instances where I was actually like "not breathing". Or perhaps not breathing right. And it feels better to just remind myself to breathe properly again heh. And yeah it's a very easy habit to do! Just stop whatever you're doing and take deep breaths. If you do it lots of times throughout the day, you'll feel more focused and better I guess.

Don't forget to breathe guys. And breathe well too.

No comments: